Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel,
Hope you get some comfort. We dont like are fine friend being uncomfortable. Were getting angry, and we dont like the forum when it get's angry....LOL... Seriously hope you get comfort and relief.. Sending you big feel great soon thoughts.

Thank you everyone for your concern and well wishes!

I just found out they can't come until Monday now - not good! I have requested my old chair back.

I feel really guilty about all of this! They have provided the chair free of charge and I am complaining. Does not seem right, but man is it uncomfortable!

Are you going to be able to get your old chair back? Hang in there, hopefully you will be comfortable again soon.
Colleen

Have you tried an Aquila cushion? It's an alternating air pressure seat cushion that is hooked to battery operated pump. Roho's really didn't work well for my husband. But this cushion would allow him to change position slightly even when he couldn't do it himself. We also had one made for his back and they worked together. It was very similar to the alternating air pressure mattresses for the hospital beds.

Jolts, already helping on this forum. Great advice, we all learn so much from each other.

I'm very sorry to hear of your problem Joel. I hope you can get your old wheelchair back soon!

I will look into that cushion, thanks!

I have now offered to take the old chair back and talk my son through fixing it. We will see if they accept that.

Thanks everyone! This truly is the best support community on the internet! I can't imagine what it would be like if we could all gather together in person - I get chills just thinking about it!

Bless you All!

Yikes! Those cushions are more than my annual income.

So sorry Joel about your chair. I am not there yet but this helps me to know to really check them out.... I hope your problem is resolved real soon. Linda

Regarding the price of the Aquila cushions....they aren't as much as they might advertise. We were scared off also. But, they sometimes have refurbished pumps, which they only use for demos, I think. Anyway, ours was as good as new. They custom make each seat. It was only a couple of hundred dollars. I think they might even take payments. With the custom made back, my husband's was the first one they did. We gave them the idea to make a cushion for the back. They were able to do it. Unfortunately, my husband never got to try it out to see if it worked for him. The custom made back was only a few hundred dollars because we didn't have to buy another pump. They hooked it into the one for the seat. I wish I could remember the name of the lady I talked to there. She was very helpful and very kind. But, it's a small company. If you call the main number, she might answer the phone. Also, sometimes the cushions can get covered by insurance or Medicare or Medicaid.

Aquila Corporation
3827 Creekside Lane
Holmen, WI 54636
Phone: 608-782-0031

Toll Free: 866-782-9658
Fax: 608-782-0488
Email: [email protected]
Web site: Aquila Corporation - Seat cushion systems for the mobility impaired community | Pressure sore prevention and healing | Aquila Corporation | Aquila Corp | Pressure sore prevention and healing

If you tell them that JoLynn Stallings gave you this information, she might remember my husband, Tom's custom order. It was made in February or early March of this year. Please keep me updated.

Well, apparently they are talking about giving my old chair back to us. Nothing moves quickly. They should be the ones forced to sit in this piece of junk for 14 hours a day.

We have tried everything imaginable to make it comfortable but the design of the chair is not right for me.

If anyone is considering an Invacare wheelchair I would encourage you to take a second look before ordering one. I would not give you 2 cents for one.

We had an interesting experience with this demon possessed chair last night. Twice it took off on its own and seriously pinned us against the wall. The second time this happened I was out of the chair, my wife was putting me in bed, when the chair (all on its own) came at us and knocked me out of my sling and drove over us both, wheels spinning. My wife reached for the controls and tried to back it off but all it was doing was oscillating back and forth driving over my feet. Finally she got it off me but I was now flat on the floor with battle wounds and major charlie horses in both legs.

So she had to call for help to get me off the floor and in bed. It was 11:00 PM by now. This was the second time the chair did this yesterday. We even had it turned off when these unexplainable events took place.

Like I said - demon possessed chair.

We both have battle wounds, but we were eventually victorious over the chair! I now do not trust it at all!

I want my old chair back! LOL

Joel, what an incredible experience. I'd call in an exorcist!

Joel. I agree with John, it sounds like a page from a Stephen King novel! I think that you need to chain that chair up in the woodshed until it behaves. Hi to Christine (speaking of names from Stephen King novels), I hope you are both OK after that.

Jeez Joel,

I hope you took some pictures to enforce the point that they gave you a POS. I have an invacare right now , that is bordering on uncomfortable , but behaves.

What was your old chair ?

Glen

My last chair was a Quantum 600.
Companies/Suppliers around here push the Invacare claiming it is a better chair. I obviously don't share that opinion. LOL.

From my experience, which is very limited, the Quantum is much more refined and smooth running. It was also more comfortable for me. The Invacare is a totally different construction and it is not able to be modified to be comfortable for me - it is just all wrong. For some reason we could adjust the Quantum so it was comfortable. If I could afford to purchase my own it would not be an Invacare. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back