Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually not as a first symptom I meant.

AL.

Well the stiffness is still there, but I have full fine motor control of all my fingers and whatnot. I was just worried, the only thing that made me think ALS is that I was having a sore shoulder for about 2 weeks and then a few days ago it jumped to the forearm and I have had a stiff sensation,kind of like when you're outside playing in the cold and then you come back in and it's hard to move the fingers, it lasts only briefly however. Anyway, I of course googled that stuff and ALS came up.
I would like to say that I am currently in nursing school attempting to get my RN. I have had a good time being on here and have searched and learned more about ALS. I realize the incidence is very low, and the symptoms I am having are not directly indicative of ALS. I am also having a pain/tightness in the middle of my back, and also have thoracic scoliosis, so I am going to the chiropractor today to see what I can do.
In my career I hope to be a hospice nurse, and to take care of people as they pass, I was really worried my time was about to be cut short myself, and I cannot fathom how brave all of you are that have this disease. My fear and anxiety is still eating at me, and of course you start noticing small minute things that you didn't before. Such as poor typing, then you think "oh no I can't type properly! It must be ALS." then you realize you've never really been that great at typing and have always had to backspace to fix things. Thank all of you for your help and friendly suggestions. I plan to give the arm a rest and see what happens.

Another update, the chiropractor did a bunch of nerve sensation and strength tests on me, says I passed with flying colors, but also said that ALS always starts in the legs which isn't true. After an adjustment it does feel SLIGHTLY better. He said I have a compressed radial nerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back