Handicapped Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pulled up at woolies one day. This was the sign.
Carrah said "the sign guy has ONE job to do...'

Greg, are you talking about like a real gun? They must have been Walmart shoppers hey...

Attachments

• 20150417_132459.jpg
    20150417_132459.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 372
Oh yeah. We know people who have an acrod sticker for when they take this little old lady shopping. The thing is, they use it whether she's with them or not. They were highly embarrassed one day when I hobbled past them sitting in their car, in a disabled bay, without Mrs P...too late. Damage done.

We pulled up at woolies one day. This was the sign.
Carrah said "the sign guy has ONE job to do...'

Greg, are you talking about like a real gun? They must have been Walmart shoppers hey...

I see the problem - it's a U.S. No parking sign. Of course it's upside down, down there!

Yep. My handy Walther 9mm.

One evening I went to drugstore to pick up a prescription in our handicap van because my regular car was blocked in. I parked in one of the 3 free non-handicap spots, and noticed this guy getting out of his car that was parked in a handicap spot. He saw me getting out of the van, and must have noticed the expression of "I am totally going to say something to you" and literally dove into the open driver side window up to his knees, until he could reach his handicap placard that was on the floor on the passenger side, hung it up on his mirror, and wriggled out. I couldn't have done that and there is very little wrong with me, so I asked him " so you REALLY have a handicap?"
"Yes I FN do, if you only knew all the accidents I have FN been in!" A man walking with his son near me gave me an incredulous look, and I just about said, "must be a mental handicap" but I didn't want to be a bad example for the boy.

In South Carolina there is a photo of the handicap individual on the placard so you know if the correct person is in the vehicle.

I love the idea of a picture on the placard.

I went back to the resturant last night to pick up take out and found another car parked blocking the ramp. The little old man getting into it could hardly walk, so I know why he parked there. All they need to do is leave enough space in front of the car for a chair to get past, so I spoke to the woman who gave me my order. She said she'd talk to the owner/manager about marking the ramp more clearly. We'll see...

Massachusetts has a form for reporting abuse of placard. They do ask that there be more evidence than the person appearing to walk normally. The example given for someone carrying a load of bricks would be reportable. I believe in Massachusetts you can cover up the picture presumably for concerns of personal safety

NOTHING MAKES ME MADDER THAN THE ABUSE OF HANDICAP PARKING PASSES! RIGHT NOW STEAM IS COMING OUT OF MY EARS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS.

When I am alone in the van the last thing on this earth I would do is take one of those spots---MAKES ME SICK AND WANT TO SPIT!

How about this for a note to put on their car:

Sorry I scratched your car with my wheelchair while reaching over to put this on your windshield ...

b@st@rds - I really hate that too.

Here where I live, so often the designated handicapped car space was more than useless for someone in a wheelchair. It might be on an angle, or have a high curb with no way to get the chair up. So many times I just pulled into driveways and unloaded Chris, put the brakes on his chair then went and parked somewhere and did the same to load him in again.

One thing is for sure, people who abuse the handicap parking are generally uneducated, inconsiderate, selfish, BASTIDS........who could care less about the challenges we face.
I wish there was some way to police the offenders:twisted:

Just a thought- before we judge seemingly "able bodied" people using handicapped places with a handicapped tag, we need to remember that all handicaps are not as visible as ALS. An example- our daughter appears to be young, healthy- but just getting out of bed is hard some days with a combination of rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia . Pain doesn't always show. But obviously, the blatant offenders annoy all of us.

One thing I need now I don't drive, it's been a year actually, I was sent this. Love it.

Attachments

• 10338743_10152130420416238_3492135651491926855_n.jpg
    10338743_10152130420416238_3492135651491926855_n.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 223
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back