Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could give you some suggestions. Been there. The condom catheter worked great for awhile - then what the heck. On a foley cath now and it has made the biggest difference.

Debbie

We are still more or less OK with daytime voiding, but we use a jock-strap thing called a McGuire Style Male Urinal for night. You can research it on line to see what it looks like, which is where I found it. It is a variation on the condom catheter, which we found to be worthless, too. I made a few more modifications to the one we have, and so far it is satisfactory. The cone-shaped inner condom can be trimmed back to a comfortable size that is tight enough but not restrictive and uncomfortable. Trial and error. I inserted a short piece of flexible hose into the bottom half of the extension to keep the valve open, and I added a long enough piece of clear plastic tubing to drain it into a bucket under the bed, because the leg bag was not large enough to contain his overnight output. I tie that tube to the bed frame with a piece of elastic so it doesn't dislodge as he moves about. I do have to stimulate him to a firm erection to get it on. Then I get two fingers of each hand into the opening to stretch it over his 'head', and that is as far as I can get it. You have to be sure the snaps on the urinal collar line up with the snaps on the jock strap before you position it. It is quite a contraption, and requires a lot of patience from the patient, and practice and dexterity on my part. Read the product reviews, and you'll see a couple of mine there. People either love it or hate it. The worst downside is that it comes in only one size-fits-all. Supposed to fit up to 48" waist! Might stretch that much, but sure wouldn't be comfortable. My Jim is 36" and it is right snug. I hope this helps somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back