Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2019
Country
CA
State
AB
I've posted here a while back asking for advice on toileting. This issue has been plaguing us for a long time now, ugh...
Any ladies/people with vag use an Indwelling catheter? I pee soooo often, and transferring so much has really taken its toll on us and is often a great source of stress for me. My nurse practitioner suggested I get the type of catheter that is changed out every 28 days, and the urine just drains whenever it needs to. Sounds very convenient with my urge incontinence, but I'm just wary of... Having a big tube up in there and the possibility of pain and discomfort. My NP says pain is uncommon for younger people., but I'm hypersensitive to pain and touch. Plus my body hates foreign objects like piercings and my peg tube, so I'm concerned about UTIs.

Another option I was exploring is the PureWick. Besides being expensive (I live in Canada and am not sure if I can get coverage for it) it seems like putting it on might be a hassle, as I can't really take off or put on my bottoms in bed, and leakage is probable. Unless we reuse the wicks after sanitizing them, as I've read people doing, it's going to be extremely expensive as well. cleaning the wicks would be additional work for my caregiver which she won't be thrilled about, or will put off until we run out.

any experiences/advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back