09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
Hi, more stuff on my plate!

My 17 yr old daughter is going to have to have major hip surgery. She had Perthes disease at age 7, and healed well we thought. Took her in in May of 2010 to have it xrayed and it was OK. In May of this year she started having pain, so back to the ortho. We did a hydrocortosine injection in July, didn't help, so the doc wanted to send her records to the Shriners in Sacramento. She actually went to the same doctors they sent her records to 10 yrs ago. Thank goodness she is still in the Shriners system. Anyway, they are recommending a surgery that will have to be done in Dallas TX. It is going to take a couple of months until we can even get to Sacramento, then who knows how long till we go to Texas for the surgery. For now, she is on crutches. And in a lot of pain.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00070 About Perthes disease

http://www.hipandpelvis.com/patient_...ace/page1.html The surgery she needs

http://www.hipfai.com/ What she has now

Oh Lori, I am so sorry! You guys stay in my prayers.

Good thing is that she is already accepted at Shriners, and they will cover all expenses. This is just really major surgery with a long recovery time. In doing this she may avoid having to get a hip replacement down the line, as well as avoiding severe arthritis.

Very sorry, Lori! Wish you didn't have to deal with this, also!

I wish I still lived in Dallas and could help you out! If you have any questions about the city, I can help with that, though!

Shriners is a Godsend. Prayers sent to you and your sweet daughter.

Lori, so sorry. Praying for all to go well, and glad for the Shriners' help!

I am sorry she has to go through this, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Dana

It never stops.

Sorry that your daughter has to go through this but glad to hear she is getting the help she needs.

Gosh, its always something isn't it? Your second link is broken, will you repost it pls? Thank God for organizations like Shriners! Will they cover your expenses to stay down there? How long will she be there? Gosh I hate this for you, but sounds like it will help her so I guess we can focus on being grateful for modern medicine and the positive outcome of it!

I am about 5 hours from Dallas if I can help let me know!

Lori, how is YOUR blood pressure? You'll have to dig up some extra reserves to swim through this too. Hope all goes well for all of you. I had never heard of Perthes disease before.

A tough row to hoe for all of you. Prayers of strength her and for you.
Love

Lori I a so sorry to hear this about your daughter. Will keep her in my prayers, and you too as I know a mom suffers when her child suffers.

Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts. When it rains it pours. The VA cut our benefits off today. HUGS Lori

I have no words for you...except to try to hang in there. What a rough road. Wish I could really help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back