Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
New York
City
northville
My husband is getting to be to much. He doesn't sleep and so I am up most nights with him and I work all day to support the family. I cant get anything done around my house and I have an 11 year old that does way to much. My son helps with getting my husband up in the morning , bed at night and he also helps with the bathroom. My son is getting frustrated and has had enough. My husband is angry and calls me name and this upset my son. My husband takes methadone and a break threw medicine . and he is in a lot of pain. I have tried to talk to him about taking more but he refusing. The is no reasoning with him, [Was wondering if anyone put there spouse into a nursing home?[? He is currently getting hospice services.

Thanks for listening...
Colleen

My husband family lives 2000 miles away from us so they can not help. I also get 77 hours worth of care to come to my house, but unable to find all that care. I usually have 50 hours worth

My feeling would be that a home would be the thing to do. A proper home has the right equipment and the properly trained staff would care for your husband and give you and your son a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back