Come for Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next round of drinks is on Sarah and her parents! We need it to calm the noives of all the ALS-wannabees... I just don't understand why they don't believe their docs, especially the neuros. I didn't want to think that mine was right either, but that was because he told me I had ALS!

Ditto Helen - such a weird hobby! Frankly, I was lurking around for some weeks before my diagnoses- (scaring myself shi-----ss!), because I suspected I had it - while still hoping for a pinched nerve... Dang!

Now this forum has become an emotional lifeline for me - I feel less alone and safer somehow. Just don't get the obsessing people :shock:- I guess that's why I'm not a psych professional - I have no patience. :p

HOT and MUGGY today - no coffee - but spiked LEMONADE will fit the bill.

I'm sorry to say that I think some of the wannabees are not even genuinely suffering from health anxiety. I think that there are some sick people who are sick in the warped sense of the word rather than ill, and they get off on the idea of jerking people who are genuinely ill around.

Mine's a Pimms, by the way...

I'm sorry to say that I think some of the wannabees are not even genuinely suffering from health anxiety. I think that there are some sick people who are sick in the warped sense of the word rather than ill, and they get off on the idea of jerking people who are genuinely ill around.

Mine's a Pimms, by the way...

ha! OK - Pimms sounds good too (I just goo gled it to find out what it is!). Didn't he queen mother drink that - or was she known for gin?:wink:

My favorite is vodka, oj, cranberry juice and peachtree schnapps... otherwise known as sex on the beach... hehehe

Helen I want one or two or three......LOL

Sure! Why not! Drinks are on me! Y'all enjoy whatever you want from the open bar while I have my Roy Rogers... those and the Shirley Temples are my fav, since I'm not a drinkin' woman ;D Next time I'll remember to arrange for a geniune Pimms stand... hadn't thought about those in years! It's Pimms o'clock!

Hi all
Had a blast and now back in rainyville. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a lovely day holed up in my room reading a novel all day. Rather nice actually.
Its too early for me to start on the booze, so I will just have an iced water.
Hope you are all doing OK.
Aly

Having a horrible and I stress horrible weekend. I went to my doctor on Monday since I was running a low grade fever and had pain on my upper right side. My gallbladder was removed in November due to having pain and multiple gallstones. The nurse practioner order a ultrasound of my liver and pancreas plus some blood work. All the tests came out fine. Then all day Friday I had a sore throat at work and by evening it was severe with a temp. I had a quick strep done early yesterday morning and it was negative. Nurse thinks I could have mono so won't give me a antibiotic. Will go to the Dr again tomorrow morning. I am really upset because I can't go see my dad now because he can't afford to get sick with his ALS. He's only here until Saturday the 21st. Thank God we have a family friend who is dad's caregiver. Kim

Hi All~~~~

Aly, welcome back!
Kim, I'm sorry you're sick! Hope they let you know soon and get you some treatment!
Sarah, thanks for the drink, glad the garage sale was successful....
Bought two more toilets today that are taller and have the button for flushing...they will be installed tomorrow along with the last part of the a/c. Bought Marvelous Maddie a new big ball that rolled out of the car and waaaaaay down the street...Rog took off after it and I couldn't find him or the ball when I went out to get more things out of the car. I can't call for him because he can't answer, so I'm starting to pull the car out to look for him (in a panic) when I see him walking towards home about a block away with a big blue ball and a grin on his face. I guess that ball went about 2 blocks before it stopped and he could catch it. He just thought it was so funny that he couldn't move fast enough after this big ball. He's napping now, my panic has subsided...yikes! Life is never dull here.

Jen

Went to mod land. Said a bad word (or two).

Jen

Ah men and children, always keep you on your toes!

Welcome back Aly! Did you hear your ears ringing? I was just at a neighborhood party and folks were asking about you! :) Told them your daughter thought I was a serial killer hehehehe

Kim, sorry you are sick! Timing sucks, but hopefully most of your symptoms are stress and not mono...

Di, it's you and me on the beach with the cocktails and sarah's our bartender and DD (designate driver not dunkin donuts this time)! wait, where's Dana?

Hi Becky, I see you down there, waving hello to vermont! How's that little baby girl doing?

Went to a car show today with the '70 convertible and got 2nd in or class. It was hot and humid at first but clouds rolled in for the afternoon. We got a couple lite showers that felt wonderful. We got home before the rain got harder. We both were so sweaty we showered. Nice clean pjs feel so good! My tummy is full of iso and Doug is eating leftover pizza. We won't be up late tonight. Hope every one had a good weekend.

sounds like a great time, and nice to be home and feeling cozy.

Amelia is doing very well gaining weight. She had her first road trip this to her mom's hometown in upstate NY. They here in two weeks. Joel sends pictures daily. He's is a great son and daddy.

Good morning everyone, hot and humid here today but we finally did get some rain yesterday. Any goodies left for breakfast ?

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back