CALS Roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loverly, sorry to hear how much harder things are getting for you and Kathy. Hope her getting home will mean better rest and feeling better for you both.

Scared, kudos for staying the course. I think some days that's just the entire goal.

My guy has a cold now and it seems some kind of gastrointestinal bug is infiltrating the rest of our household. But right now, those are the least of our challenges, so I'm laying a little low while I manage that crisis. Doing OK, though, and wishing all a good week. Gotta go see some of Tillie's Koalas before I sign out. :)

ugh a cold. i'm glad we haven't had to deal with that yet!

Kathy has shingles tho. She diagnosed herself, of course, without seeing or touching the spot.
thank goodness for texting. her doctors gave me their numbers while she was in the hospital and i have been able to get prompt responses.

her teeth and tongue are a mess that i've just discovered. large dry patches of secretions (i guess) are covering her cheeks and tongue. i got in there with Biotin today and the swab and some of them are coming off. i've got my coconut oil/cannabis root balm on her lips, gums and even on her tongue to help soften and protect.

Any tips are appreciated

jen

Loverly, you're doing good. Keep the oral cavity moist always, and clean it from time to time

Wednesday morning, 5.30 am - check :)

About to do one final read over a funding application that closes today. If you want some distraction it's called 20 million trees and you will find it easily on a web search. Cross fingers for me as I apply to fund planting nearly 3000 more trees/shrubs and sedges next year.

gooseberry you must be in the very last days now?

Loverly how is Kathy? Having a PALS in hospital totally sucks and is so exhausting you can't explain it to anyone else. My Chris was the opposite orally - constant copious running saliva.

4tloml has the cold cleared up?

Another Wednesday is here already, BJ is still bright and happy, just feeling a little tired with heavy legs.
Keeping busy trying to get ready for our cruise in about 5 weeks and running around organising the house removal, we are learning to start saying no to fitting in and around other people and putting BJ first and letting others fit in with us.
Keeping you all in my thoughts even if I'm not getting to answer all the threads, some times I'm feeling a little brain dead.
Love and hugs Gem

Well Tillie, it is still Tuesday here and I am glad about that. Supposedly we can move in this weekend but if we can, the work won't be complete. Painting and stucco work to be done and it has been a very wet summer. Doors still need to be hung and handles attached. The plumbers were here today so we finally have toilets and sinks again.so it is possible. We shall see. I may be totally crazy if it doesn't happen.

Good luck with the funding application. We would love more trees for our friendly koalas to travel to...

Hope everyone is.having a week that is improving....and the sickness is getting better!

gooseberry if I had toilets and sinks I'd be back, what's a few doors between family anyway!

I had hoped it would take me half an hour or so to go back over the application one more time, but it took much longer. I knew I needed to submit this morning as everyone takes til the last minute and the system can be slow and you could get an error. 2pm is the deadline, and it was 9am when I took a deep breath and hit the submit button. It took ages, then generated an error AAARRGGGHHHH

It took me over half an hour to fiddle about and finally get the error out. If I didn't have computer programming background I think I would have wept as the error about UTF-8 would have just meant nothing to me.

So it's submitted and nothing I can do now but wait a few months and see if it gets accepted.

Checking in. Been hectic here, last week the kids came in for the week from Iowa & Illinois. Adding 4 adult a 3 1/2yr and a 2 wk old to our house for a week was like going from a crawl to full sprint in our house. We are so glade they brought the baby for my wife to see as we can no longer travel. Of course one of them had a small cold and they left it when they went home. Not good when your pals ox level are down in the low 90's. Spent a night up using cough assist and suction, but think we are past the bad part of the cold. Looks like in general we are clearly on the end stretch of this road. Went from 110% VFC when diagnosed 3/2014 to 10% on our recent clinic visit (had trouble measuring it as she can't really exhale). Measured her oxygen level this morning at 90.

Of course those numbers are only indications to help see progression, they don't dictate what will happen when dj.

How lovely to have a baby in the house! Colds are so scary for PALS, I'm glad you have dealt well with it. Good to see you checking in.

Big Mark and I are still alive and functioning as well as can be expected. :D

hugs to you both kamama - so good to see you log in and put your hand up this week!

Good to hear from you kamama!

Tillie we are moving in this weekend! .plumbing is complete, electrical will be.finished tomorrow. Cleaning crew on Friday. They will still have a few things to do next Monday and Tuesday but......I can't wait. The bonus is having them clean the house!

Steph, so happy for your family!
Tillie, you have done so well in "reinventing your life" without Chris and I think I'm doing better (most days!). Something I'm really excited about is going to Florida next month. Have been in touch with a local school and first grade teacher who generously will be letting me come in to her classroom each week and actually teach! Know those precious little ones will bring lots of smiles and joy and help refill my bucket as I get to ham it up with great stories and fun art projects. Life is always filled with blessings! Donna

Checking in. I have been taking the time to read the posts from all of you because it really matters to me to see how you are all doing. You all do not know how much the support you all give to each other and all the newbies, mean to me. With the last two weeks I have it is important to know there are kind, caring and supportive people who are doing their best to make life a little easier to deal with. I have not had the strength at the end of my day to be very supportive myself and feel bad even commenting when so many of you are dealing with much worse than me. I also enjoy reading how well you all deal with everything, the funny posts and the trees.

My ranting and complaining just does not feel right. Issues with the remodelers for the bathroom, a van that never showed up , had to fight tooth and nail to get my money back, trying to find a used one we can afford and that runs, issues with insurance, care and equipment, disability snags and working full time. I read the posts here and know that there are a lot of exhausting and downright sad days for everyone but there are also posts of enjoying the time we all have. I want to thank all of you for sharing your life because it does comfort me and gives me faith there are still some good days waiting for Steve and I. Just wish time would just slow down so I can keep up. Rambling I know, I need to start sleeping. lol

i know what you mean! i'm so tired and I can't seem to get more than one non caregiver thing done per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back