Aww Crude...weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nutella is like manna from the Gods!

a aged to gain 4 pounds up tp 141 (WAS 161 AT ONE POINT) and just lost it all back in the last 2 days by not being able to est because of the peg surgery. trying to reverse that now. aWeight loss is not good for us-i feel very weak- hope it isnt disease progression due to weight loss.

I am tube fed exclusively. During April 2014 my weight was 160. Now it's 134. I get 1 can 3 times a day.

Stumble, think you should have your dietician recheck their figures. At 355 calories per can, that's less than 1200 calories a day. I'm doing 6 cans.

Wow Stumble, Dalvin is right. As I mentioned up in post #2, they want me at 2200-2600 calories...

You need to pork up a bit.

anyone who can multiply should know 3 cans a day is not enough unless you have additional food....get at least 2400 calories....I use jevity 1.5 and mix in fruit, muscle milk, ice cream, honey, and sometimes peanut butter....being you are on tube add some flaxseed oil....I am not on tube and I slurp up my drink through a straw....been doing this type of drink for almost 5 years...also eat two meals a day...SUCCESS

no nutritionist saw and nobody noticed the extreme weight loss. My caretaker doesn't like me choking so she set the rule to exclusive tube feeding. She works full time. Maybe dump some heavy cream down my tube. Hospice starts Saturday maybe she will make the change

Don't know if hospice can do that. You should really call your clinic or doc and ask for an evaluation on this. I think it requires a prescription since the jevity is handled like a drug

I can't speak, can't walk, have extreme strength loss in my arms, how can I call for help? I think I will collect your messages and show them to the Hospice nurse

Sandy

I am 6'-1", my weight hovers between 215 - 220
My goal is to reduce to 200....15 lbs above my BMI at 185
ALS doc says ok, but slowly through sensible dieting....no fasting

Sandy, do you have a ALS ?

My husband was about 35 pounds overweight when he started showing symptoms. At diagnosis he had lost 25pounds. The doctors are adamant he should do everything possible to maintain his current weight. They told us when he got the peg tube that if he didnt eat 50% of a meal we should supplement with the peg feeding to maintain weight. They do not want any weight loss at all. For him, they said 2200-2500 cals or 7 cans/containers of feeding liquid per day

>Sandy, do you have a ALS ?

sorry, that was supposed to read "Sandy, do you have a CALS ?"

I have Bulbar Onset ALS. Hospice started yesterday. Son is coming up for my last Christmas. No bipap headgear, no vent. What is Cals?

Sandy, CALS is caregiver for a person with ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back