Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Lakeland
Hello everyone, Im very concerned about als and hope someone can help me with some answers. I am experiencing a lot of twitching throughout my body for about 4 months now and for about a month now I've notice my left calf is smaller than my right calf. My right when flex feels strong yet my left calf when flex does not and then hurts afterwards. I took a job recently at a shopping mall which requires me to do a lot of walking. For the first month my left calf was non stop hurting because of all the walking. My calf twitches as well but so does the rest of my body,I'm always twitching somewhere. My calf feels weird basically? Anyone experience this? My mom also noticed it is a bit smaller than the other one. I left dominant by the way and 23 year old female with no als family history.

Hello, Sunshine.
First, you don't have ALS or anything like it.
You didn't mention any of the symptoms of ALS, and you mentioned lots of reasons why you don't have it.
Second, if you did have ALS at 23 years old, we would call the Guinness Book of World Records.
Don't worry about the twitching. Everybody twitches for all sorts of reasons, and for no reason at all.
The kind of twitching you described is not ALS.
The pain is your best indication that you don't have ALS. That's not the way pain is felt in ALS.

The fact that you do lots of walking is reason enough that you have twitching and soreness. You in no way have ALS symptoms. Get on with your young life and stop worrying about a terminal disease.

What Mike said. ALS is rare (thank God) in any population and almost unheard of in someone your age.

>I am experiencing a lot of twitching throughout my body for about 4 months now and for about a month now

Twitching can be caused by many things-ALS is pretty low on the list.

I've notice my left calf is smaller than my right calf.

So was mine-30 years before I had ALS

My right when flex feels strong yet my left calf when flex does not and then hurts afterwards.
ALS doesnt hurt the muscles just wont respond-if you hurt thats good-you dont have ALS

Thank you for your responses. I'm very freaked out my cousin also noticed the difference in sizes between my calves. Caused me to go into a complete panic attack. My pain comes after I flex the muscle but many times it's just there constantly. My twitching varies come and goes but the pain can be there for hours and hours. I really don't know what to think and I'm very very scared

Do you believe it's anxiety? I'm sorry it's just my symptoms look very real:confused:

Do you believe it's anxiety? I'm sorry it's just my symptoms look very real:confused:

No. your symptoms don't look anything like ALS!

Sunshine. I should let you know now that the people with ALS who monitor this forum an provide the authoritative answers here have limited resources. It is quite difficult for them to read and answer the queries here. It's time for you to go elsewhere for support.

Well -- Several of us have tried to share our experience with you and your fears.

The consensus seems to be that you need to resolve your issues with medical professionals and/or do not have ALS.

We do empathize with your fears, but there is no more we can help you with at this time.

This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just not on this forum.

You asked, we answered, so please move on.

If you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. Make sure you tell your medical practioner what you are feeling as well as how you are feeling.

No need to reply. Goodbye and best regards.

-----
Max
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back