Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ-thanks for the definatiuons of medicaide, medicare, and so on. Important information!

Annmarie-thank you, too, for the support you lend to this board.

To everyone: this whole "internet" thing is amazing, isn't it? I read about a guy who invented a hand-cranked computer, to use in remote areas where electricity is not available. The computer sells at a very low price-so people in developing countries can afford it. The goal is to allow them to obtain information and communicate. We've seen the power and confidence that comes from exchanging information and "meeting" each other. Just imagine that process happening in some village in a remote corner of the world. Kind of gives me goose bumps!:-D Cindy

Hi Ashley,

I don't know much about insurance and vents. I am on Medicare and Medicaid. They pay for every penny, including 24/7 in-home care. Sorry, but I don't know about any other insurance.

Mike

Mike, Can you tell me how you got 24/7 in home care? I am trying to bring my son home and don't know where to start. He is currently on a vent. Thanks for your help.
Tammy

Mike might not answer as the last response on this thread is over 3 years old. Maybe someone else can answer your question.

I had a hard time with ssdi they were so rude and my speech was not clear. she talk to me as if I was mentally challange, and pointed her finger in my face. She had the nerve to tell me I would feel better when I got well! She was the the first person to make me cry about als . you go to talk to them when we are still adjusting to this horrible diease and that you are no longer that indepent person. you are right they almost feel like you are begging. That was the only hard part 6 monts later I was on ssdi and recived my medicare . I hope it gets better for you.

Tammy, it depends on your state's Medicaid rules. How old is your son? Here in Mass I believe any child under 18 is automatically eligible for Medicaid regardless of the parent's income. With Medicaid you could get 24/7 care. But it depends from state to state, your son's diagnosis, how much time and strength you have to battle the system, etc. My guess would be to call Medicaid in California and ask (Good Luck!). Here in Mass they are awful. The name of the Medicaid system here is MassHealth. I call them MassHell. Just a fair warning of what to expect.

I am sorry I got off track ,I didn't mention vent.. My mediare and my insurace paid 100% and it was a newer model called trilogy,it work very good.
Again sorry for going off track about social security and dingling people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back