Learn about ALS
Country
NL
State
Netherlands
City
Netherlands
Hello,

I am new in this forum.. You will have to forgive my english but it is not my mother language. I have been reading the posts for a long time. I must be honest I didnt even knew about the existence of ALS until i went to the doctor to check my fasciculations widespread (Initially I thought there were my veins moving haha) almost 3 months ago..

Anyways I was not really concern about my fasciculations or pain cause I used a lot the Search engine here and read about it. However, something is bugging me and I cant find clear info about it while searching. I have tremor in my left leg when i put my weight on my toes or in my heal while sitting .. or when I vent over putting my weight in that leg while standing. During resting or standing i have no tremors but mos of the time a buzzing feeling. Does anyone with BFS have something like this? I check the bfs forum but i couldnt find something like this.. And here people talk about buzzing but most of them have ALS.

I have had one clean EMG but the neuroloog wants to make one more in the beggining of march.. So please advices , similarities will be welcome.. I am not in my country cause I am studying abroad. I feel really scare and lonely here.. I must say this forum has clearify a lot of my concerns and I want to thank the members for that.. You are really brave people and have all my respect..

Regards for all :)

Hi,
From your info I assume you are young. Widespread fasciculations are quite common among younger people, there was even post similiar to yours today. I twitch for 4 years and do not have ALS.
Just one thing - the question related to BFS you should rather post on BFS site: aboutbfs.com.

Unfrotunately it will take a while before you get an account here. But you can read and believe me that tremors are pretty common.

Hey.. thanks for the quick response..

Yeah I am not really concern about the fasciculations.. actually I have them A LOT LESS than in the beginning.. and also slower... Cause the beginning was pretty bad. I am concern about the tremor and the buzzing feeling. I tried to get an account in BFS forum but they havent aprove it yet..
I have also used the search engine there but I cant really find something similar to this.. Thats why I post my question here..

Thank you and if there is a bfser somewhere here let me know if you find some similarities with these... I will ask the neuroloog also but since it became a bit worst since this weekI decided to post my question about it..

Come on, you must have searched badly :) No really, a LOT of bfsers have sensory stuff like buzzing, I can remember read it there really often.
I did have the same issues but it went away after few months. I got it mostly in my feet, pretty annoying.

PS: Do not be nervous if you do not get many answers here from people with BFS. There is not many of then which is understandable, this is ALS forum. But some of us do hang here :)

Yeah that I was also thinking.. Did you had also the tremors? I have never had them.. or maybe i didnt notice them?

Anyway it is frustrating for me because I am alone here and my neuroloog is not a really expresive person.. My last appointment lasted 5 minutes and he never looks at me or explains me anything.. He said I needed another EMG cause i have tickiling in my hands and left leg and that was it.. Then he stand and left.. It was so fast that he left before i could asking him about the tremor so i followed him an he was already on a call so I just left..

I guess that if i would be in my country and with my family it will be easier for me to get info from the doctor.. I want to change doctors but the others were available even later than a month so I kept him hehe.. Hopefully im comming back for 2 months to my country in May to get some relief but for now I have to deal with it here ..

Tremors, buzzing, vibrating, are all very common with BFS, not sure why you would think they are not because if you had read much on the BFS site, you would have found many posts and discussions about these symptoms. I can tell you rite now, that you will only make your BFS worse by hanging out here. BFS symptoms can mimic a few different diseases. The buzzing and vibrating make people think of MS, the tremors make them think of Parkinsons, and the twitching well ALS. But for some reason a lot end up stuck here, and end up with more symptoms that would not have even been an issue if they hadnt spent so much time reading here.

You most likely cant PM here yet so if you want I can leave you my email address on your profile page on a visitor message and you can email me your Username and email address that you used to sign up on the BFS board, and I will contact our moderator and get you on that board so you can start to post.

Dont get stuck here friend

Take care

Robynn:-D

Hey Robynn,

Thanks for your reply.. I have seen you a lot in the BFS forum :) I like your hair! Well anyways, for some reason i couldnt find it when searching for tremors but today i type shaking and it is true i found a lot of results with similarities of what I have in the forum :).. Now i feel a lot more relief about it..

Please do send me your email and i will send you that info.. So I can participate in that forum since the doctor told me he is almost certain I have BFS but he wants to continue with the test.. just to be sure, I guess... It is nice to have this type of networks cause specially for me that Im so far away from home I have no one to ask or talk about this..

Thanks again! :)
Pamela

You are absolutely welcome, I'm happy to help. I just left you a message on your profile page so you can reach me.

Take care

Robynn:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back