Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
EIR
State
Leinster
City
Laois
Hi, I am new to this forum and I hope I am doing this right.
I suppose I should give you all some background. I am 24 years old, 5'5 14.5 stone and I smoke so maybe that's half the problem. About six months ago I started getting a tight pain in my neck, no problem I thought I must be sleeping wrong but after six months it hurts once every two days. Over the last few days I now have a sort of deep muscle pain in my arm between my shoulder and elbow and my legs hurt when I am climbing stairs. I don't know how to explain the feeling I get in my throat its kind of a tightening feeling it feels like I am struggling to breath when in reality I can breath fine. I have now taken to tensing all my voluntary muscles just to make sure I can which to some people might sound stupid but it gives me a short lived comfort to know that I can move the muscles. I have also started hanging out of things to make sure I am strong enough to hold on. I probably should say I haven't been to a doctor mostly because I really cannot afford to and partly because I am scared. Also my muscles tend to twitch/ spasm for 10-20 minutes at a time sometimes shorter. All the pain and spasms are also on one side of my body the left side. I would just like to know if these are symptoms similar to als/mnd. If I am told they are I will work out a way to see a doctor if not I will leave this forum. Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor grammar.

Try reading the stickies for this subforum like you were instructed to do when you went to post your question. Your whole post indicates that you skipped past them. Your answer is there. They were written by people with little ability to write or who have little time. Asking without following instructions shows tremendous disrespect to people who are dying or caring for them. After you've read them, then ask for clarification of what is not understood.

Please, no one answer this question, make him do what he is supposed to do

Try reading the stickies for this subforum like you were instructed to do when you went to post your question. Your whole post indicates that you skipped past them. Your answer is there. They were written by people with little ability to write or who have little time. Asking without following instructions shows tremendous disrespect to people who are dying or caring for them. After you've read them, then ask for clarification of what is not understood.

Please, no one answer this question, make him do what he is supposed to do
Ok, well I have read your sticky's, in my defence I do not know the protocol for these type of sites. I did not mean to offend anyone and if I did I am sorry. From reading the sticky's I have figured out a lot. I give me deepest sympathy to anyone who does have als/mnd. I was just looking for answers and I came to the wrong place as it seems whatever is wrong with me is not als/mnd. I said I would leave the forum and I will if someone wouldn't mind telling me how to unregister. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back