Happiness now in honor of Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want.

You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you.

I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”
― Eric Roth

“Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes.

And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow.”
― Denis Waitley

What intriguing thoughts on time. And so timely for me, as I have been thinking of
how I have wasted time and opportunities lately, which isn't self loving or even useful.
The line "may you see things that startle you" awakens curiosity to the present, I
rally appreciate that.

I have an apology to make to someone, and letting that truth sink in, realizing that I will, is
a bit freeing. The struggle against it is such a waste of energy. My heart wisdom is more
powerful than the ego's need to not be vulnerable. So often, following my heart has
led me to the edges of feeling vulnerable, yet as I look back I was safe and guided.

So, happiness today is resting in choosing the path of the heart, even when it feels scary
and threatening. I don't want to waste my time on ego thoughts, I want to live in the
presence of this moment, being open to be surprised by the power of love.

I always feel that the readings speak to the depths of self love and acceptance!

“Happiness comes from within. It is not dependent on external things or on other people. You become vulnerable and can be easily hurt when your feelings of security and happiness depend on the behavior and actions of other people. Never give your power to anyone else.”
― Brian L. Weiss

“You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.”
― Wayne W. Dyer

“Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.”
― Steve Maraboli

“Why should we build our happiness on the opinons of others, when we can find it in our own hearts?”
― Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I love these readings on inner happiness that is not dependent on others, I never knew it was
possible until lately. I have read several of Brian Weiss's books and loved them, Wayne Dyer too,
I really appreciate their wisdom. So often I would read that happiness is within and feel that there
was something really wrong with me, that I couldn't access it. And this path of self love has really
shifted that surprisingly.

I really relate to feeling vulnerable and insecure when I put my happiness in the opinions or actions
of others. And yet, putting my sense of security in myself, my heart wisdom, has allow me to do
things that I wold not have dared, like make an honest apology, as a I did yesterday, and then
let go and not think about it. This is so different.

I so appreciate reading "Love yourself, forgive yourself" as a belief and a pathway. To honor oneself with
these energies. To make that deep investment of self worth. It is at times like this that I see the benefit of
daily commitment. I am really grateful. Love these readings....thank you!

“Your heart is where your inner light resides. It is part of every sacred journey to reconnect with your inner light, step into your divinity, spread the light of love before you, return to the essence of love, and inspire others to do the same.”
― Molly Friedenfeld

“If it feels like cracks are forming in your life, those cracks may be what is needed for the light within to reveal itself.”
― Heidi DuPree

“Your inner light is greater than the darkness.
May your light shine brightly in every path you travel.”
― Lailah GiftyAkita

Jayne I think apologising to someone is the best way of showing how awesome you are. It's easy to know we are wrong but to admit it out loud then to another person is a sign of wonderful character.
And as we know life is too short not to say sorry.

Getting ready for Sydney. I'm like a bear with a sore head. I'm very anxious about all of it. I think by the time we go I will have a few apologies to make!
God bless, Janelle x

What wise words Janelle, apologizing shows deep character, I love that. I feel so much
better about myself after stepping up and owning my mistake. It was totally accepted
too, which surprised and touched me.

As you go to Sydney, please know that we are with you. Really with you. You are such a
beautiful person.

These readings on inner light, the sacred journey to inner light, I love reading this and this is
the quest I have been on. I believe in it and that it is real. I have had breakthroughs in my
meditations, of a soothing light. The outer world can feel so scary and uncertain and if I
didn't have this inner source I would be really lost. When I go days without going inward
it really effects me, I just know that this is what I need. Self acceptance.

Just seeing light reflected off water has become an inner reminder of this truth.

My cat loves to sleep sitting next to me in the afternoons. She's just shown me it's not me she loves but the chair!
Notice the colour of the chair? I'm slightly unbelievable!

Thank you for your kind words regarding Sydney. I will keep you posted!
God bless, Janelle x

Attachments

• 20150919_231259.jpg
    20150919_231259.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 201
In old times, fable retells the story of the young athletic boy hungry for success, for whom winning was everything and success was measured by such a result.

One day, the boy was preparing himself for a running competition in his small native village, himself and two other young boys to compete. A large crowd had congregated to witness the sporting spectacle and a wise old man, upon hearing of the little boy, had travelled far to bear witness also.

The race commenced, looking like a level heat at the finishing line, but sure enough the boy dug deep and called on his determination, strength and power… he took the winning line and was first. The crowd was ecstatic and cheered and waved at the boy. The wise man remained still and calm, expressing no sentiment. The little boy, however, felt proud and important.

A second race was called, and two new young, fit, challengers came forward, to run with the little boy. The race was started and sure enough the little boy came through and finished first once again. The crowd was ecstatic again and cheered and waved at the boy. The wise man remained still and calm, again expressing no sentiment. The little boy, however, felt proud and important.

“Another race, another race!” – pleaded the little boy.

The wise old man stepped forward and presented the little boy with two new challengers, an elderly frail lady and a blind man. “What is this?” – quizzed the little boy. “This is no race.” – he exclaimed.

“Race!” – said the wise man. The race was started and the boy was the only finisher, the other two challengers left standing at the starting line. The little boy was ecstatic, he raised his arms in delight. The crowd, however, was silent showing no sentiment toward the little boy.

“What has happened? Why don’t the people join in my success?” – he asked the wise old man.

“Race again”, replied the wise man, “this time, finish together, all three of you, finish together.” – continued the wise man.

The little boy thought a little, stood in the middle of the blind man and the frail old lady, and then took the two challengers by the hand. The race began and the little boy walked slowly, ever so slowly, to the finishing line and crossed it. The crowd were ecstatic and cheered and waved at the boy. The wise man smiled, gently nodding his head. The little boy felt proud and important.

“Old man, I don’t understand! Who are the crowd cheering for? Which one of us three?” – asked the little boy.

The wise old man looked into the little boy’s eyes, placing his hands on the boy’s shoulders, and replied softly, “Little boy, for this race you have won much more than in any race you have ever ran before, and for this race the crowd cheer not for any winner!”

By Darren Edwards

Janelle, I love that photo of your kitty. What a sweet buddy, there is nothing like an animal! :)
I really appreciate that you will keep us updated too. I have been thinking of you so much.

And Vicki, that old time story of the deeper meaning of success, I so appreciated its message. It
reads like a wonderful fable. Unity consciousness over ego consciousness as the path to awakening.
I have been reading about this so much lately. It makes me look deeper at where I am and what I
value. I soaked in its beauty as I read it.

MIRACLE OF LOVE

Miracle of love
shines its radiant ray
giving hard or hopeless hearts
a chance to see the Way.

Miracle of love
brings you consolation,
calls you from your apathy
to a place of expectation.

Love highlights your soul,
transforming all you are
and others in dark places
see your light as Hope’s bright star!

I so appreciate reading "Miracle of Love" and its message of love being
a pathway to transformation. I read it several times and felt elevated.
I always find it easier to access my intuition when I am in a loving
state of being. It seems to point the way. I love the line that it
calls you from apathy, I have found that to be true.

This is what infusions of meditation do for me, I feel expanded and more
loving. Love highlights you soul ~ such beautiful words! This poem reaches
deeply in its lovely simplicity and intention...I love it!

Two Horses

There is a field, with two horses in it.
From a distance, each horse looks like any other horse.
But if you stop your car, or are walking by, you will notice something quite amazing.
Looking into the eyes of one horse will disclose that he is blind.
His owner has chosen not to have him put down, but has made a good home for him .
This alone is amazing.
If you stand nearby and listen, you will hear the sound of a bell.
Looking around for the source of the sound, you will see that it comes from the smaller horse in the field.
Attached to the horse's halter is a small bell.
It lets the blind friend know where the other horse is, so he can follow.
As you stand and watch these two horses, you'll see that the horse with the bell is always checking on the blind horse, and that the blind horse will listen for the bell and then slowly walk to where the other horse is, trusting that he will not be led astray.
When the horse with the bell returns to the shelter of the barn each evening, it stops occasionally and looks back, making sure that the blind friend isn't too far behind to hear the bell.
Like the owners of these two horses, God does not throw us away just because we are not perfect or because we have problems or challenges.
He watches over us and even brings others into our lives to help us when we are in need.
Sometimes we are the blind horse being guided by the little ringing bell of those who God places in our lives.
Other times we are the guide horse, helping others to find their way.
Good friends arejust like that. You may not always see them, but you know they are always there.

Please listen for my bell and I'll listen for yours.
And remember:-
Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle,
Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly,
Leave the rest to God.

The story of the two horses is so moving and what an analogy to how God guides,
I just love reading it. I so appreciate the last few lines, be loving and leave the
rest to God. This is one of my favorite stories.

I have been noticing lately that when things don't work out as I planned, there is a
reason and it makes room for something that I needed to happen. Being aware of
this lately has helped me go with the flow a bit more easily.

I have also noticed how people do show up, or things happen that seem like they have
been orchestrated from a higher place. I find that so comforting. I was rereading my
journal last night and saw this recorded. It made me grateful that I keep a journal, to
see this pattern, and like the last line int he story, to leave the rest to God.

A deck of cards....

During the North African campaign, a bunch of soldier boys had been on a long hike and they arrived in a little town called Cascina.
The next morning being Sunday, several of the boys went to Church.
A sergeant commanded the boys in Church and after the Chaplain had read the prayer, the text was taken up next.
Those of the boys who had a prayer book took them out, but this one boy had only a deck of cards, and so he spread them out.

The Sergeant saw the cards and said,
"Soldier, put away those cards."

After the services was over, the soldier was taken prisoner and brought before the Provost Marshall.
The Marshall said,
"Sergeant, why have you brought this man here?"

"For playing cards in church, Sir."

"And what have you to say for yourself, son?"

"Much, Sir," replied the soldier.

The Marshall said, "I hope so, for if not I shall punish you more than any man was ever punished."

The soldier said, "Sir, I have been on the march for about six days.

I have neither a Bible nor a prayer book, but I hope to satisfy you, Sir, with the purity of my intentions."

And with that, the boy started his story:

"You see Sir, when I look at the Ace, it reminds me that there is but one God.
And the Deuce reminds me that the Bible is divided into two parts, the Old and the New Testaments.
When I see the Trey, I think of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
And when I see the Four, I think of the four Evangelists who preached the Gospel; there was Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
And when I see the Five, it reminds me of the five wise virgins who trimmed their lamps; there were ten of them: five were wise and were saved, five were foolish and were shut out.
When I see the Six, it reminds me that in six days, God made this great heaven and earth.
When I see the Seven, it reminds me that on the seventh day, God rested from His great work.
And when I see the Eight, I think of the eight righteous persons God saved when He destroyed this earth; there was Noah, his wife, their sons and their wives.
And when I see the Nine, I think of the lepers our Saviour cleansed, and nine out of the ten didn't even thank Him.
When I see the Ten, I think of the Ten Commandments God handed down to Moses on a table of stone.
When I see the King, it reminds me that there is but one King of Heaven, God Almighty.
And when I see the Queen, I think of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is Queen of Heaven.
And the Jack or Knave is the Devil.
When I count the number of spots on a deck of cards, I find 365, the number of days in a year.
There are 52 cards, the number of weeks in a year.
There are 4 suits, the number of weeks in a month.
There are 12 picture cards, the number of months in a year.
There are 13 tricks, the number of weeks in a quarter.
So you see, Sir, my pack of cards serves me as a Bible, an Almanac and a Prayer Book."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back