Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Atlanta
Hi. First of my heart goes out to all who are affected by such a terrible disease, friends and family members included.

Now, I have been having an array of symptoms for sometime now. I am currently awaiting my appt for my Emg and I am a bit nervous. I would appreciate any advice about whether my symptoms sound familiar to you all.

June 2015: I began struggling with my voice. Pronouncing consonants became very difficult. Almost like my voice was being strangled. Visited ent and had a camera down my noise and throat and they did not see anything wrong.

June 2017: I began to notice a tremor in my hands mostly when I place my fingers in certain positions. Neurologist diagnosed as essential tremor. I also began having vibrations in my legs mostly at night.

June 2018: noticed twitching in lower legs that would happen here and there. I also had a few occasional instants of burning sensations in left calf

Most recently I started feeling tingling in toes that stopped and then twitches mostly in left calf. However the twitching also happens in hand, face, and butt. I also have this achy, stiff feeling in arches of my feet and stiffness in left hand

Now my left calf feels very stiff and it is a struggle putting weight on this leg while walking tippy toes. In addition it feels much hard than the right and more ripped. Idk if this is atrophy

I am unsure of wha this symptoms can be due. I am a younger female and I recently was informed that a makeup I have worn everyday for the past ten years contains lead. Please any advice you can offer would help. I have been facing serious anxiety for some time niw

ATL, there's no indication of ALS in your report. Twitching that moves around, stops and starts without any association with weakness is generally not something to get worried about.

Any muscle can feel stiff when it needs stretching, has been overextended, etc. Many of us have arms and legs that do not match.

But as with any movement impairment that is troublesome to you, it's always wise to see your primary care physician to get a baseline and in this case, likely reassure you that nothing serious is wrong. Let us know how the EMG comes out.

Best,
Laurie

There's no ALS in this picture, ATL. Hopefully, the EMG will reassure you. If whatever you're doing for your anxiety isn't working, it's time to do more.

Many of us have arms and legs that do not match. Twitching that moves around, stops and starts without weakness is not indicative of anything. Any muscle can feel stiff and fiddly when it's been overextended -- often adding or improving a stretching/exercise regimen can help.

Best,
Laurie

Hi. Thank yo for such a speedy reply. However the stiffness in my rleft leg has gotten worse and the twitching continues. I am very scared and not sure what is causing this. My left calf is signicantly smaller than my right and also has less muscle. I am very scared

1illah: "However, the stiffness...I am very scared."

We understand. Very much. That's why we've said you need to get your help elsewhere. See your PCP, ask about anxiety. Do not worry about ALS.

Terrified, EMG tomorrow

Hi.

I am scheduled for an emg tomorrow and I am terrified.

My initial symptoms started a year ago with internal vibrations in legs. Around this time I also noticed a tremor in hand and all around weak feeling in hands. Hands would shake after holding something heavy.

About two months ago I began noticing a twitch in my hand that would come and go. Since then I’ve had twitching all over but constantly in my left calf. My left calf feel very stiff from time to time. I also get the sensation my feet is falling asleep often in addition to a cramp like feeling the arch of my foot.

Now I’m having cramping and stiffening in my left hand. I appreciate any feedback you can offer. As the title states I am terrified of my emg.

Mod note: moved post to already open thread. Please continue posting here.

The two replies you have already received still stand with regards to you not seeing ALS. Please continue working with your doctors. An EMG will help provide more information.
All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back