Status
Not open for further replies.
The official thing I got (when they first thought I had ALS) from the docs they said they didn't have enough data to know if the drug did anything. They thought it might extend the survivability curve by 6 months-push it back, but that wasn't certain. They didn't know if I would think the tradeoff of the drug to be worth the extra time since it was "very hard on the body" and "obscenely expensive". She said it could have some really severe side effects. They did suggest to me that all the stuff people took (herbs, drugs, whatever) were not actually showing much real benefit or actually doing some harm but neither the drug companies nor herbal manufacturers or patients wanted to hear that.
If PLS and ALS are related to each other & to glutamate receptors or some dysfunction, then theoretically it should have some impact. But this is by no means certain they are related. The nurse told me some thought PLS was simply a very slow form of ALS that never really progressed to the stages of ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back