Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
UK
City
S H I R E .
I posted before about spasicity in the legs and I appreciate what people says because I realise I don't have it, so Thank You.

I have recently been having alot of twitches in my right knee and leg, but before when my twitching first beginning in July it was mostly in my left foot and the leg. I thought I had Atrophy in my left foot but my GP said it wasn't Atrophy in my left foot. If ALS had started in my left foot and leg, could it move to and weakness and Atrophy in my right knee before weakness in my left leg where it started or would it have weakness there before it?

I will have a picture of my knee in my albums because I think it has Atrophy in it.

Thank You.

Bug head. This is the 4 th new thread you have started, in under 3 weeks. If people want to answer, they need to dig up your other threads to find out what you are on about! Please don't keep starting a new thread for each new question.

I think it's time you listened to the advice and if you have all these questions, take them to a professional. See the neurologist again. Write all you have to ask down, so nothing is forgotten, but please move on.

You've essentially posted the same handful of concerns and questions over in over throughout your multiple threads and you seem to turn a deaf ear to our advice and input. I suggest you stop wasting everyone's time and seek help for your health anxiety, which, by the way, is the only "condition" you should be worrying about right now. If that's too much to ask, you'll need to take your questions to an anxiety forum. You have exhausted this resource. Best of luck to you.

I just wanted to say, in ALS do you also get thumping beat twitches that you can feel? Or is it just fasiculations that you can't feel? I have been twitching since July and it will be 7 months in January. My right leg is getting more twitches so I am so worried. How many months is enough for twitching to have been and no weakness?

Thank You
Bughead0835

Bughead just a FYI there is a condition called benign fasciculation syndrome which I was diagnosed with 6 years ago by a neurologist. With that being said just because you have muscle twitches does not mean you have ALS.

If there was atrophy in your knee your doc would have seen it. You don't have atrophy. Twitches with no other findings are benign--meaning they are not important.

Good luck to you

Has anyone had weakness first beginning in their quadriceps and is where you twitch first usually where you get weakness?

Thank You
Bughead0835

Bughead

There are vast numbers of diseases involving weakness in your quadriceps; COPD is one of them. Do you have a persistent cough? Are you short of breath? Has your exercise tolerance reduced as a result of your shortness of breath?

If a doctor identified a genuine weakness in your quadriceps then there is a very, very long list of differential diagnoses for that doctor to go through, and ALS is a very long way down that list.

Of course, there is no objective evidence that you have weakness in your quadriceps at all; it's just the latest of your obsessive attempts to find something to support your conviction that you have ALS. I have weakness in my quadriceps which has nothing to do with ALS, and nothing to do with COPD; it's just another obscure lung disease.

This is the New Year, and this is your chance to make a New Life free from the terrifying fears which drive you. You need medical help to do that, and I wish I could be there in the waiting room to urge you to seek that help from your doctor. But I can't do that; all I can do is urge you to listen to all the people here who do have ALS and who have told you that their symptoms sound nothing like your own.

There comes a point where the only person who can change things is you. A close family member of mine, with neurological symptoms which were extreme enough to result in nine days in hospital, also became profoundly anxious about ALS; thanks to a marathon read aloud of the DIHALS thread, starting with the stickies and moving on from there, that person was able to overcome the fear and slowly able to rebuild a New Life. It's really, really hard but it can be done and I hope with all my heart that you can do it.

But you have to step away from the computer, and step away from sites like these, and make your New Life in the New Year with our best wishes but also with our conviction that posting here is not helping you but harming you. We are not doctors but I think we all try to subscribe to the Hippocratic oath, which starts with "First, do no harm". I wish you the very best of luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back