Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
US
State
CA
City
Claremont
I hope someone can help with this. I am visiting my mom who lives in southern Illinois, she has als. She is completly bedridden. Hospice comes in 2 times a week and my dad takes full care of mom. I live in California so I am not much help. How can we get her full care without paying $100 a day. Social Security isn't enough and my dad is retired and can't afford any care. Is there any other way to get help finanically for her care?

Thanks

Hey Lissa,
I would advise talking to Hospice. They have so many resources. We get help from hospice and they have a social worker that is loaded with information on community resources and the volunteer program through hospice that could be of great help to you. I hope this helps you.

I would add that you contact the MD chapter in her area and her local ALS clinic. They might know of resources also.

I will check with Hospic, the local ALS is in Indianapolis which is four hours away. What is MD chapter?

Thanks everyone

Muscular Dystrophy Association. They help with ALS as it is a muscular disease.

AL.

Thanks Al,

I thought so, but I always refered to it as MDA. I will check on things Monday. I wish I would win the lotto and give it to ALS to find out what causes this stupid disease.

Love to All,

Lissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back