03/2010
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Hi Folks- :razz:
I'm seeing a new nuerologist in October who my GP says thinks outside of the box- I'm thrilled. Have seen an OT and am being fixed up with a power chair and all the things I need in my apartment. I'm unable to hold onto my cane or walker now and tend to lean on it rather than holding it, so I'm not very stable. Can't close my hand anymore or move my toes, so when I walk I have to pick up my hold foot, as it doesn't want to bend- but I'm a stubborn one and am finding various ways to get about until I get my chair. My oxygen intake has decreased by approximently a 1/4, which is still good but does account for my SOB.

The summer has been hard for me- the weather here in Toronto has been unbareable with the humidity. I have heart problems as well so it dosen't help.

I'm having surgery to remove my thyroid and some damaged skin tissue and am hoping that might help with my swallowing and holding up my head, which is now always falling forward.

Hopefully the new doc wil be able to find out whats happening with. Will be back in touch when I know more. :razz:

Good luck Karin. My husband has much of the same going on (minus thyroid problems). This summer has been a struggle for us, too. The heat and humidity have been horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back