Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you said you were diagnosed with both ALS and MS..And your diagnosis is based on muscle twitches and gait issues? That just does not sound right. For ALS diagnosis, you need to show signs in three different body regions and have both upper and lower neuron signs. If your grandmother died of ALS and your mom is aware of the signs, how could she have suspect ALS based on that?e
I, like some others, just find this a bit odd, not to mention you also said you had MS which would be shown on MRI..which would exlude ALS (at least for some time and also because MS presents with a lot of sensory disturbances which are not a part of ALS).

Be that as it may, I wish you the best!

I met Sabrina Parker's grandfather at the walk for ALS last year in NC. That was the first I heard of someone so young being affected. She had familial bulbar onset ALS, died at 16. I pray that your ALS can be cured Jayne. Have faith! Emory is showing great success with stem cell treatment. All 6 patients they used in their initial trials have shown no progression! I would hope one one as young as yourself would be a prime candidate for future trials as other clinics move forward. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back