Portable B-pap

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, a power inverter (12v to 120v) maybe the cheapest and easiest to do. The inverter can be wire direct or via the cigarette lighter in your vehicle. Doing that, there is always a power supply for the regular BPAP.

If you need it to drag along behind you, you can easily obtain a car battery (placed on a tote) and the inverter wired to the battery, supplying power for the BPAP.

I have this set up in my Van for use with a suction machine as well as my ventilator, should I be needing it when away from the house. Lucky enough, I have only needed the suction, so far.

:( I'm sorry! Is this so you can be out and about or just for backup at home? For at home, my DME recommended buying a regular generator... they said I might as well be able to run a fridge, fan, and bipap rather than just the bipap and it would be the same cost or cheaper. But for on the go outside of the car or a building where you will stay put, the battery backup is just about the only option. If you get it, it SHOULD come with a car converter that you plug into the cigarette lighter in the car while you are driving, so you can save the battery for out in the chair.

I have a sip vent that has been turned into a bipap..(Trilogy) Its fairly light weight and I put it on the back of my scooter and take off...it can be carried any where. Get a prescription from your doctor.

I have ordered a back up battery for my Bipap I will try to let you know when I get it which should be this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back