02/2023
Country
US
State
NV
City
Henderson
Hello!

We will be traveling to Europe in July. We’ve discussed with my pALS doctor and have everything pretty much prepared now. Just getting the last few pieces in place…

I am looking for recommendations for a converter we can plug our IVAPS machine into. Does anyone have a certain brand they recommend? It’s the Resmed AirCurve 10 ST-A. We will need a type J plug for where we are going. This is only used during sleep time.
Also interested in a portable battery for the device to use during the plane ride if anyone has a good recommendation for one!

TY!

You are probably informed on traveling with a bipap. The attached article is for MG patients, and I found it useful.

I have read : always call the airline for specific requirements forcarryon and in flight use; you need to have RX with you ; and the attached article has medical device signs you can attach to the device.
You can also call the manufacturer for advice.

Attachments

• mg-travel-article.pdf
    473.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Thank you Tomswife! I have the Rx printed and ready :)
I think I may be missing something, but I do not see the link you attached??

I contacted Resmed and they did not have a recommended converter. The representative did not seem to concerned when spoke to them but obviously I take this a bit more serious than he did! I want to make sure the machine works properly while abroad and also ensure we do not damage it at all from the different voltages!

Check the device as many are dual voltage so you need only an adapter rather than a converter. My trilogy worked fine on 220v this past winter on a cruise ship and in Chile. Some airlines have planes that have sockets you can use if needed. Contact the airline. I am traveling in July-August and will need to have both the European plug for the cruise ship and the British one for there. I’ll have to check on what to use in Iceland.

I revised to include attachment.

If you look on cpap dot com they have batteries. You would have to read reviews though.

You can find info on the ResMed PowerStation II and DC converter (if needed; the straight BiPAPs like yours are less likely than portable models like the Trilogy to have all the ports) on the company's site, with buy links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back