How long from twitching to weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Paul wasn't talking to you. The person he spoke to did not take issue. So maybe it is time to let this fight go...

BTW- I told Al just that folks might want to be careful of what they wish for. :-D Do you really want more censorship around here? People seem upset enough when we block "cures" for ALS.

I think if somebody says something to you, you can always PM them with why it offended you personally. And if anyone does that and needs help getting an apology, we will be more than glad to help resolve it. I am not sure what is accomplished by airing disputes of this nature this in public, though.

And I can't figure out what gets accomplished (except maybe high blood pressure) when somebody takes offense because of what a member said to a third party. That is one battle I am not willing to fight. Seems to me there are enough real battles to focus my energy on, such as why some states do not have good services for ALS victims, or why we don't have a national registry.

Cindy--

Two people on the list did take issue with Jeliota's post--were deeply offended by it. And even Blizna characterized it as "aggressive." And there is another thread where several posters took exception to Jeliota's rather tart tone.

Obviously no one is advocating any kind of censorship. And I'm sure that you wouldn't want to restrain or appear to "censor" any posters who find content out here personally offensive. If you think Jeliota's post to Blizna represents a model of the kind of attitude you'd like to see prevailing out here, that's your judgement. We're just having a discussion about what kind of tone and approach is advisable on a support group. I don't think this point needs any further belaboring. You and Al do a fine job of maintaining the list, and I am grateful for your efforts in maintaing this precious resource. If we differ on this one point, that's no big deal. And you're right--this whole discussion is a diversion from the purpose of the list, albeit a necessary one, in my view, in the interests of discouraging arrogance and encouraging compassion in dealing with posters' concerns.

Jeff

True. Lee just came by and told me she would kill me if I WASTE ANY MORE OF MY TIME (her emphasis) on people fighting. Just ban them and be done with it is her thinking.
I'm typing with 1 finger or a head mouse. Do you guys really have any idea how much time I have put into this. Take it easy on a crippled up old guy please.
AL.

Next person to shoot their mouth off gets banned. You have really teed me off now. Drop it.

That Lee is pretty smart. But I knew that when she married you! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back