Do I have Bulbar Als ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALS does NOT tingle. ALS does NOT make you feel numb.

In fact, there are no sensory issues at all.

I feel touch, pain, itchiness, cramps in my affected left hand.
I also got my hand stuck in my coat pocket yesterday and had to ask a perfect stranger to get it out for me.

That, my friend, is ALS.

I feel like something on one side of my neck just under the jaw has just stopped working and in the area I formed a strain or pulled feeling . Is this a sign of Bulbar ALS

No, it sounds like a lymph node or salivary gland. With sinus infections the lymphnodes can swell which is a sign of infection.

I think the ENT would of spotted that out, I saw him last week . Seeing a Nero tmr , I hope that's the problem tho . It feels like one side of my neck is dieing on me .

I thought you said the ent did not do any testing. Swollen lymph nodes are caused by many things I only used the sinus as an example. Any sort of infection can cause the lymph nodes to swell.

Go to the dr. I am assuming the ent did not find anything. Your anxiety is getting the better of you.

Went to mod...stay tuned

It's not ALS. Pick something else.

Today the pain from my neck has travel down to my neck since I woke up . Since then my neck has been bugging me all day especially when I was driving . I looked in the mirror and notice when I raised both my arms my trap mussels are uneven . One is in a form of a bump and the side that's giving a uncomfortable feeling today its flat . I showed 3 other people and they noticed it too . Could this be a sign of atrophy? . Could it happen this fast ?

Did you see the neuro? I do not believe atrophy can happen over night.

yeah , he said I had to wait to see what happens his says he has no answers for me at the time , he sent me for a MRI going Friday. I never brought up the shoulder pain bc it progressed over today . It started in the right side of my face to my right side of my neck , and now the right side of my shoulder in over 2 weeks . Im a little concerned about whats going to happen next . I feel like nothing gets better and something else gives me a new problem ever day or two.

I had some pressure in my chest so I went to the Doctor . He did a test were I blew air into a tube to test my strength . I did little below average and he said that my nerves can be the cause of this . How long did you have ALS until it effected your breathing ?

I have mitochondrial myopathy, it is in the muscular dystrophy family. have you been tested for ms or anything else? I would terribly surprised if you turn up to als. Try not to narrow your focus on one thing, many neuro problems mimic each other. That is why they are so hard to dianose. Time, patience, and lots of tests is what is required.

I got a MRI done yesterday useing dye injections. Dident get the results yet. I dont have anxity but with all the problems i having its kinda sounds more and more like ALS and its keeping me down . Hopefully they can figure out whats going on .

Okay, to further clarify for you how Bulbar onset in ALS manifests on patients affected by it, this is the way the symptoms develop:
-----

The first symptoms of ALS (Bulbar onset) include slurring of speech. This is because the tongue is the first to get affected. The speech becomes garbled and words do not come out right. The patient may start speaking through the nose, have problems in pronunciation and have problems when trying to speak long sentences. The voice at times may not be projected well and becomes hoarse. With time, the person will totally lose the ability to speak.

As the condition progresses, the patient has difficulty in swallowing and chewing food. Initially, swallowing hard food may become difficult. Soon, the patient will have problems swallowing purred food as well. Some patients may even have problems in closing their mouths. The patient may begin to drool and the tongue may exhibit tremors, twitches or fasciculations. The disorder tend to progress faster than the limb onset

In some cases, the person may choke on food, once it enters the trachea or windpipe. The patients are prone to bulbar ALS infections like pneumonia. This is because the respiratory infections weaken the diaphragm and chest muscles. Thus, the lungs cannot clear themselves of aspirations. Most patients find it difficult to breathe, especially at nights. This leads to nocturnal symptoms of bulbar ALS and headache, nocturnal dyspnea, orthopnea, nightmares and sleepiness during day. These are some of the many bulbar ALS problems that a patient may be affected with.

I believe you do NOT have any of the symptoms explained on the above paragraphs, right?

Therefore, it's highly UNLIKELY that you have ALS-Bulbar onset for that matter.

I do hope all this finally helps you.

Regards,

NH

i don't think he is going to give up. tomorrow he will be progressively worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back