Cough assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cough assist also.adds 2-4 pts on Steves oxygen sats ....for what its.worth.

My trilogy was ac with battery back up. Hose was clear and could be connected to either the humidifier or the trilogy itself, same sized connections. Note: not all rt's are the same. When the va took over my care, their rt's had no idea how my trilogy worked or how to adjust it

Dalvin, I meant the circuit for the hose was ac. When you change the settings, it is one of the options. And you are right about the resp therapists. I had to set up the trilogy when we ha dto take it to th ehospital and show them how to use it. Many dont know.

It depends how.its.set. itf it is an a/c circuit then it makes all the air noise and has the hose blue and white tubes. We have a portable one...same machine but set up to use as sip and puff and for overnights. No open hoses. But you cant use the humidifier with it in this set up either

I am unsure if I understand, but we have something in the circuit called a "whisper swivel" that lets the exhalation go out of the tube quietly.

Not familiar, gilwest, with that. I think they all call it something different....or perhaps our pals are setup slightly differently.

Not familiar, gilwest, with that. I think they all call it something different....or perhaps our pals are setup slightly differently.

I am sure that they are. I quoted the wrong post. I meant to post another.

I use mine every day, when you have that phelm that is stuck in your throat, it helps bring it up. I got my trilogy and cough assist within days of each other.

Janie

My dad was given a cough assist when he was first diagnosed. He hasn't had to use it until recently. I would say go ahead and get it even if you don't need it right away. Things can change quickly and it's good to have it on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back