Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! busy morning at tea! Going for a mani pedi and an eyebrow wax. Hairy Italian brows.
Di, make pudding with heavy cream to bump up calories.
Helen, I love spice cake :)
See you all later!

Marypat, if you learn to do Reiki, then you can do it everyday... it's actually a great stress reliever as well, recommend it for all!

For those who are trying to gain/maintain weight, instead of virtual spice cake, I'm posting our dear Felica's recipe for cream pie... she was quite a chef I heard, and this was one of her favorite recipes that she posted in the old "tea" thread.

Felica's Cream Pie
1/2 cup softened butter.
1cup sugar
3 TBSp plain flour.
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
Dash of cinnamon
1- 9 inch pie shell
Preheat oven to 350' Start beating butter in mixing bowl. Add sugar beat. Add eggs. Beat until well combined. Then stir in buttermilk , vanilla and cinnamon Pour into pie shell bake at 350' for 40- 45 min. Cool completely
I pre bake my shells. For about 10 -15 minutes. So that crust is not soggy. Just my preference
Baked with love. my mother in laws recipe.
Hugs
Felica

Thanks for posting her recipe Dear Helen. I miss Felcia and this brings her close. xoxoxo

Good Morning all, Sleep so good last night. Good to hear all doing ok. Natalie so sorry you are scared, and will be praying for your grandpa also.
Thanks for the recipe, I will have to get use to eating again...so sad, Not!..will be off to store soon with son to stock up on everything fattening...just weird for me. I tried so hard to be thin now I am I must gey heavy, topsie turvy world!....LOL

I had a beautiful butterfly visit me this morning as my son brought hot coffee to me as I woke up...Wow...didnt even have to make my own. Think This is gonna be fun...but dont want him to get burnt out, so will continue to do all I can by myself,enjoyed a bath and real toilet this morning, I could get spoiled....:)

Time to go to store 2 yr old Izzy just told me so I wil be back....{{{HUGS}}}

You and he will be a good team Di! I'm so glad you're there! I've been worried about you girl.

Glad to hear you're getting out to the store Lady Warrior Di!

Di, I am sooooo pleased that your son is going to be good company for you. Don't you worry about him burning out. Think of all you did for him. He will be pleased to help, I know I would be, if it was my Mum.

Helen, I loved reading Felicas recipe. Won't try it yet! Tried to jump on the scales this morning. Promised I would wait a week, but could not resist. I shut my eyes, looked down............the battery was flat, THANK YOU GOD. Will not put a new battery in for a couple of weeks, whilst I return to home cooked meals.

Susan, have a nice manicure. I need my busy eyebrows done, at least they are mainly blonde!
That reminds me. What colour should my hair be this year?

Aly, Magenta or aubergine should be quite alluring.
I've been waxed and plucked, massaged and exfoliated.mmmmmmm nice.
Off to do a dog and pony show for the relatives. Happy and cheerful when they look at me with sad eyes. I already had to tell one of Bill's Aunts to stop emailing me with "poor you" tirades. Usually sent after she downs her nightly bottle of merlot. Bill finally called her.

How 'bout royal purple? That would get your girls in a tizzy! :)

Nothing like divine intervention on the old scale! I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner, it's Sat. and I don't like to cook on Sat. especially. Have something in the fridge ready for tomorrow's meal, using the crockpot. When I was looking for Felica's recipe, I came across a thread that Anne started called "easy to make meals" or something like that. Never knew there was a difference between a crock pot and a slow cooker.

Susan, you just popped in, how are the eyebrows girl? I hate the pity parties, the way I figure it, only MY family and I get to do that when we feel like it!

Helen, now I have two :)
This is a good crockpot recipe. Boneless, skinless chix thighs. one bottle of wing sauce and 1/2 stick of butter. If you like buffalo wings you'll love this

I just like food in general. Wings are good if they're not too spicey. Sounds like an easy recipe too!

Aly, sounds like devine intervention regarding your scales! Cool y'all!

I use mild wing sauce and it's good

Sounds good! I'll have to try it sometime soon!

Hanging is causing another disturbance over on another thread with his bad choice of words again... Al and David are telling everyone to play nice, or as Al said, "get out of the pool"! Too funny, I'm not posting on any thread he starts, I think that would be a better solution for all of us? :)

I guess I shouldn't have responded to the nonsense he posted but couldn't help myself.
I just think about the great care my dad gave my mom and it makes me so bleeping angry that someone could say such awful things about someone they are supposed to love through anything. I am no longer going to even read his posts, he can go get bleeped as far as I am concerned. (feel free to fill in the bleeps with you favorite curse words).

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back