A Spring cleaning of attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Tillie, I went for the laughter and all is forgiven. I am flattered apparently over the years he has got used to very high standards, I have obviously spoilt him........

Wendy - thank you so much for your post. My PALS, my husband Brian, has always been a huge perfectionist and cleaning one of his mainstays. As a CALS, it is very hard to watch the looks on his face. After 32 years of marriage I know what each one means. "You didn't do that right". As a CALS, that can be very hard to swallow especially when working myself to the bone to take care of him, still work and take care of every other thing that needs doing.

While I'm not OCD about cleaning, I love a clean house. It bugs me what isn't as neat as it used to be, but I've had to learn to let it go. I can clean or I can love and take care of Brian. Unfortunately I don't think he sees it the same way. He thinks he could do it all, so I should be able to as well.

Your post meant a lot to me. It showed me that someday, maybe I can also teach a old dog a new trick. Thank you for everything you said. It gave me the lift I need to press on today.

Hugs,

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back