PUB is open....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh Greg, I could not stop laughing!

So I just finished up my apple pie infused bourbon...I think it is pretty good even if I am not a bourbon drinker! will give it to the guys at Thanksgiving!

>I had to put the red wine in the freezer for a couple of hours just to make it a drinkable

Sandy says the trick is to wrap the bottle in wet paper towels and give it 15 mins ...

Thanks Sandy, but I'm really not sure that would have been enough yesterday. I pretty much never put red in the fridge, let alone the freezer, but it was a shocker. Today there is cloud cover and I think it would be nearly as hot if I was working outside, but it's actually a good 6-8C cooler, which means it's still hot!

Barbie I'm not a bourbon drinker and keep trying to imagine what an apple pie would taste like with bourbon infused but my mind just boggles at it lol

Tillie (the red is sitting on the bench again)

Hi Everyone,
It is currently 33 right now in Central Illinois and is is snowing right now pretty hard. But, it is a pretty wet snow so nothing is sticking. I hope this crap doesn't freeze. Yuck. I got off work last night at 6 and went to get my daughter a few blocks away. Then we went to the grocery store that was real close. We were only in the store for 10 minutes and came out and I had never seen snow come down so hard in my life. I could barely see too drive. But, hardly any of it stuck then either. Everything was melted this morning when I went too church.
I got upset today on my way too work. A lady was walking her dog right by the hospital. The dog was the spitting image of my dog Skipper who I have put too sleep in May after he got hit by a car. I could barely keep my composure to go into work. My beloved Skipper can't be replaced either. He was a one of a kind little monster. Nobody, would of put up with him but me. Thank God for the poor thing that I changed his name. The rescue society that I adopted him from had named him Aristotle. lol

We have about 3 to 4 inches on the ground...our roads look ok. They were treated yesterday. Have I mentioned how much I don't like winter? Watching the last car race of the year....pooh. Downton Abbey starts beginning of Jan. YEAH!

Vicki: I'm with you. I don't like winter at all. My dad watched Downtown Abbey and love it too. He will be glad when it comes back on.

>Downton Abbey starts beginning of Jan.

you can get them now if you want -- piratebay is safest w/uTorrent client ...

If you visit any site that suggests your Flash Player is out of date and asks you to immediately update it... PLEASE DO NOT. Instead, go to Adobe <dot> com to update your Flash Player. From anywhere else will likely open up a Pandora's Box of things you'd wish you had not found. The moment I went to look at the above referenced "piratebay" website, I had the fake update pop up. They are very convincing... but always direct to some alternate site (i.e. not Adobe in this case). May your surfing be safe...

Jim

I only saw a few episodes of Downton Abbey but I love Maggie Smith.

You computer guys make me laugh - I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. Last week I was incredibly proud because I learned to go to the annotate thingy so I could draw a circle around something. And...I sent a link to someone. I'm not sure if I could do it again, though if I had a few of the drinks mentioned above, I am sure I could have fun trying. It would be a great oval circle triangle link.

I will have a 12-pack of icy cold Bud lite. I'm so round up this week I doubt it would even faze me.

LMK, isn't it fun when you learn a new cool computer thingy?

Here is a song for all the wonderful, funny, smart pals on the forum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fWDrZSiZs

Who is playing bartender tonight? Cranberry and vodka with a twist of lime, please

Bartender give me a great big drink of something, anything, make it a double, no a triple.

Add a big bowl of pretzels for me to cry into.

I lost my amazing dog today. It's too much loss.

My female is being shipped back to her breeder next week, I can't cope with feeling I could lose her too that way.

You guys don't have our ticks I don't believe - the paralysis tick, ixodes holocyclus. A most cruel death, and it struck and was over so fast, though at the time it seemed to be a long slow death.

Please forgive me if I'm either quiet, or I jump on anyone in the next days. I'm so fragile.

I'll drink that triple shot down in one go now, in true aussie chick style.

Better lay down now, I'm not that tough a drinking aussie chick at all.

Damn, Tillie, you didn't need this. So sorry you had to lose your pup. And hope your female pulls through.
Hugs,
-kay

Tillie, don't you want to scream, " I've been tested enough! Yes, I'm strong --- but NOT up breakable!" Sorry. Love ya. Donna

I am very sorry Tillie. Maybe Chris needed him or he needed Chris?
Take care of yourself

Tillie, so very sorry to hear about your little dog, sending you a huge hug...
Love Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back