Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
I sent Secretary of the VA an email this morning because our local va hospital has run out of money for home health care and we need it! This was the response:

Attachments

• 20160104_155547.jpg
    20160104_155547.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 391
Wow...I can feel the comfort all the way over here! Amazing bureaucratic BS...

I cant read the email on my phone but theyre out of money here at the tucson va too. Im guessing i can save my strength and not bother emailing the secretary myself.

well,azwxman, I figured it couldnt hurt. Haley has a tbi unit, spinal cord unit, lots of prosthetic vets and als patients. It is totally unacceptable. I hate the thought that ee would jump ahead of another patient but this is a real problem. I deleted my email to them because it had private info but I basically laid out the problem and said inpt respite was offered .....so we put our pals in the hospital instead of 2 hrs home health? Bad use of resources. Personally I would email the secretary too. It will let them know it is more widespread and needs to be better funded

I have the secretary's cell number too. If this doesnt get action, I am going to call him.

Let us know how it's going with this situation.

No word today

Well after 3 wks with no word, yesterday I sent a message to Secretary Mcdonald. Apparently a different area gave va sites their budgets not va proper. No account was taken of pt population so basically funds were allocated based on number of vets served instead of looking at need. I found this out thru the local social worker who had to respond to my forwarded email .

im thinking hospice would be thing at this point.

Social worker gave me agency info so care could be continued easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back