Status
Not open for further replies.
Al I agree with you. I always enjoy reading your posts because you make us laugh sometimes. Some days I do not feel well at all, it is painful and when I read your posts you always give that lift that is so desperately needed. I thank you for being so supportive to all of us and for taking the time to make us laugh. You have to laugh, I am fighting a disease every day along with my husband's illness and I have to say if I could not find laughter I would be lost. We have laughed at some of the predicaments we get into, we can't help it, if one kind find the laughter grab it. Thank you again for helping all of us. You are so strong.

Sandy.

So sorry to hear about your sister Al. Cancer is such a scary word. I hope that it is something that the doctors can treat. Your family sure has had its share of difficulties hasn't it. I hope that you are able to keep your positive perspective on life through your sisters illness, along with your own illness. You are always in my prayers, and I will add your sister along to the list too.
Dana

Thanks everyone. It helps knowing I have friends that care even though we don't see each other That's why I love this forum. I was telling a couple of the staff at Sunnybrook this morning about selling "we love Al" T shirts at the symposium and we all had a good laugh. They think we are all mad and I told them we try to have some fun every day. Good therapy.

Al,

I am sorry I forgot to mention how sorry I am that your sister has cancer, hopefully she will get well again. I just lost my father recently to cancer, I am still griefing over the loss. It has been hard to let myself feel the grief with all that is going on. There are days when you feel overwhelmed and that is why a laugh is a giggle for the heart.

Sandy.

Hi Sandy. I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. I was just reading yesterday that it is about four months before the reality of a death of a close loved one begins to really sink in. I know it's not easy. I lost my mom at an early age and 40 years later I still smile at the good times I remember we had. I guess she is still in my heart and be sure that your dad will always be in yours. One day at a time. Al.

Thank you Al for your reply,

Al you would not believe the year that we have had or the last couple of years. My girlfriend died one year ago of lung cancer, my father died, then my cousing who was only forty six died of a heart attack a couple of months ago. The last few years have been filled with alot of loss and grief including the death of my friend's son in a car crash. It has been one loss after another. I was very ill in the last few years and about nine months ago was starting to stabilize with my illness and then my husband became ill. As my father was dying of cancer my husband comforted me through the rough months, little did we know my husband was so ill also. Due to the stress and fear my illness has raised it's ugly head again so we are now battling with two diseases. I try hard to keep strong for my husband and myself and son. I looked up at the stars last night and said out loud, why? why? I do not understand why? My husband and I just a few years ago purchased our dream home. Now I look around at this beautiful home and all the dreams we had and again ask why? The home even though beautiful is no longer important to me, my best friend is all that matters. I will look up at the stars tonight and make a wish, something I have been doing since I was a little girl. My wishes when I was a little girl changed every night, I would wish for something different all the time. I find myself saying god I wish I wish a little girl again, when all I had to worry about was what kind of bubble gum I would like. My wish now is the same every night. I wish that the love of my life is cured. Again Al thank you for all you do for all of us. Keep us laughing, we need it.

Sandy.

Hi Sandy. You sure have a heavy burden on your shoulders. Some say God only gives what he thinks we can handle. I don't know if I believe that but I'd say you caught someone elses share too. Just when you think you have it bad someone comes along with a worse story. Funny how life works that way. I'll try to keep you amused if that's how you cope. We all need something. Take care.

Al.

Sorry to interrupt, but Al, look at the name of the thread, and read the last few messages

:)

Ironic? Heheh :)

Guess I hijacked them again. Maybe you should ban me David. I guess it is harder than I thought to stay on topic but I really didn't think a whole new thread would have worked here. People are talking emotions here and if a thread gets hijacked once in a while I think that it is OK. I've rethought my position on it. If the thread is important enough the people can ask you or one of the moderators to shuffle the (offending) posts around. We're not talking rocket science here. it's people in a bad situation looking for help and support. I think that we offer a different kind of place for people other than some of the other forums I've participated in. Rules are good but feelings matter more and if there are strenuous objections to my position then maybe we need a poll. Not that that many will respond as we saw in the last one. So carry on and be mindful about hijacking but don't let it cause you to not participate. Al.

I think you're right Al, provided everyone is being helped and getting answers and support...well..that's what matters.

Let's let everything proceed as normal and we'll revisit the thread structure at the end of the summer for improvements. Perhaps we can layout the groups better so that there is a clearer separation of content. Perhaps it's impossible, as the nature of conversation always wonders; it's what makes conversing so interesting :)

Different day same old stuff. Carry on gang. Hmmm That might be an idea for another movie. No maybe we shouldn't go there again. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back