Sliding Sheets? How to Use, How to Move my PAL with One Person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I need to give my head a shake, Tillie. No garbage bags! I'm going to shoot the money gun, LOL and order a Sally Tube RIGHT NOW. :) Thanks, and I'll let you know how it goes. I just don't trust the other tubes I see online. Should I get a full length one? That way her feet will not be dragging on the sheets. Or is it just unwieldy? Let me know what you think about sizing. Thanks!

Yep get the full length as then you always have the most you might need :) I can usually get stuff from here to the US in around a week.

Okay, I need to modify my most recent post. I did use a smaller bag under her feet when I was hoiking her up the bed this afternoon. It made her feet slide nicely. She reported it was more comfortable. Now just waiting to see if Haines will sell & send me one.

Let me know if you have any problems getting it over there, I can possibly help :)

Thanks, Tillie, that is a kind offer. Hoping I can beg someone to sell me one. ;) But if I run into a crazy roadblock, I may take you up on it!

I actually found a Canadian distributor, and she's sending me a one-time-use Sally to try, and she'll be able to provide a re-usable one soon.

Hello all, just a quick note to let you know that the nice Slippery Sally rep in Barrie Ontario sent me a disposable Sally to try, because she didn't have the washable one in stock, and it was very slippery indeed. I can't imagine why it would be single use. It looked amazing, and seemed very strong. Anyway, you have to buy a giant box of them, so if you do have this issue of trouble with moving a patient, I think this is a wonderful tool. However, she passed away before we had the chance to use it much. I continued to hoik her up the bed, back to using the chuck, because it was what she was used to and I didn't have enough days to change this. I did put her legs under the sally, and it was a bit of a relief for her. If I'd had more time with her, we would have used it for moving her up the bed.

<Memorial thread here.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back