scalp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dry scalp and other skin changes are very common with ALS and other nerve related diseases like MS and Parkinson's... A few years ago, Baylor ALS Clinic began a study of skin changes with their patients, but I don't know what they found or even if the study was ever completed. This I do know, I never had itchy scalp and skin or dandruff... Before I had ALS and most of the other ALS patients I've asked didn't either.

whitey said:
I was wondering if anyone had problems with their scalp from als. I get an itchy scalp a lot and lots of pimples that come and then dry up with white scaly skin. Weird but true.

thanks, whitey
dear Whitey I have the same thing on my scalp painful pimples that have white tips and dry up and come back my doctor said it was an inflamation and gave me a lotion but when i stop the lotion they come back I know its weird Pat

Hi,
My brother has ALS and he had problems with itchy, flaky scalp, face and ears. His doctor sent us to a dermatologist. She told him it was a very common problem with people who are inactive, such as in wheelchairs, etc. Since he is in a wheelchair most of the time, it fit. She gave him a script for a shampoo and gel to take care of it. It works soooo good! No more red itchy spots or dry patches! We have been using it for a year or so and it is still doing its job! It is called Loprox Shampoo and Loprox Gel. The price of it is pretty high (thank God for hospice, they pay for his) but even if we had to pay for it, we would, it has made a 100% difference if used on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back