Diagnosis
15/2017
Country
UK
State
GM
City
Manchester
Hello everyone, I have ALS and have been experiencing dry mouth lately. It's causing discomfort and affecting my ability to speak and swallow. I was wondering if anyone in this forum has tried using a dry mouth spray to alleviate the symptoms.
If so, could you please share your experiences with it? Did it provide any relief, and are there any specific brands or types you would recommend? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Amelia, and welcome to the forum. I've moved your post to the General subforum, as you state you have been diagnosed- there's a bit of a question, as your forum interest still states "Learn About ALS".

Have you tried any products yet for dry mouth? I've been using Biotene products (toothpaste, spray) for several years now due to dry mouth from my breathing machine at night and this seems to work well for me.

Once again, welcome to the forums.

hi i use the humidifier on my bipap and i'm fine. i did have horrible dry mouth when taking a med for pee urgency, and sipped water all day long, but theni switched to myrbetriq and no more side effects.

also when i take my expectorant twice in one day i get rather dry.

maybe it would be helpful to go over your whole med list with your pharmacist to see what candidates there might be.

also maybe discuss with your gp your actual daily water intake, and check the humidity where you live, with a hygrometer. i like 30-40%.

As well, change your furnace and machine filters. and try a no-sugar cough lozenge if you can still safely suck on it. You can also humidify your room, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back