Speech difficulties, follow weakness, fasciculations, atrophy in left leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The excess saliva started after the appt and it’s constant so I just came to question if it is considered an early symptom as I already have issues with speech.

Hey I have a question, my dads side of the family both have had MS, ALS, and MD. I’m curious if that comes into play at all. I’m not very well at understanding how that stuff works with being inherited.

I’m taking this into consideration with my symptoms, I just came back here to ask why ALS causes atrophy before muscle weakness, mostly what I here is atrophy usually comes from weakness of limbs not being used.

Can anyone explain to me why it would occur before muscle weakness? Is there an issue with the neurons that cause them to waste away?

I ask because I have confirmed atrophy In my upper legs above the knee. I forget what they called the certain muscle group but I still have use of my legs although I’m having issues going up stairs and doing certain task.

In ALS atrophy follows weakness and is mostly from disuse. I don’t think we can help you more and certainly we are not reassuring you. Closing thread. Please only post again when you have a diagnosis of something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back