Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
west midkaNds
City
walsall
Hi guys, I hope your all as well as you can be. I'm hoping for some advice and really hoping you will say get a grip girl its in your head, get off our forum. I can see from some other posts that you all seem to know what your talking about and whether someone belongs here or not. I am 23 I have 2 small children. When I was 38weeks pregnant I got short of breath and really thought that was just an end of pregnancy thing. I then started to get pain in my leg like cramp then it developed into more painful and now to the point that it feels like my legs are bowing from the knee and my leg feels weak to stand on and has give way once if I try to bear weight on it it feels like the bone will snap. Over the last 3 months I've also suffered bad back pain at the bottom, and when I breath on my shoulder blade, also my spine and neck and head hurt quite a bit, my head seems to get very indented where my crown is at times when I try and do too much. I have had lots of face pain, I did think a tooth could be causing it but even after extraction it just seems to have got worse. My cheeks are a lot lower when I smile now its like my nerves don't seem to be working very well. My upper jaw seems to have lowered and when I look in my mouth it feels like my tongue has dropped and I can now see my epiglottis, when I swallow it feels like I'm going to block my airway in some way. Any info or help would be great. Thanks Emma x

Uhh, get a grip and get off the forum. No ALS for you.

How's that?

Best wishes.

See someone for a pinched nerve, or see if sciatica is a problem, it can be very painful and cause some of the back and leg pain... especially pain in your butt btw!

Thanks ktmj. Any clues what it could be?
Helen I am seeing a physio tomorrow for the back but its just alongside all the other symptoms I think I've overpanicked. You definatly don't think als?
Emma x

You might want to have you might want to ask your family doctor about something viral going on. Doesn't sound anything like ALS.
Laurel

ALS should always be the very LAST thing you think of with anything... it is still a very rare disease, and it wouldn't happen all at the same time anyway. Good luck, and have your blood levels checked, check for other bacterium/viruses, and hopefully you'll find some answers.

Do not spend your whole day worrying! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back