Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Livingston
Some of the ALS ASSOCIATION Chapters have grant money to help PALS/CALS with the cost of caregiving. We received $2K from the NY Metro chapter. There was an application, and I had to submit detailed invoices that show per diem charges.
It is possible that other ALS foundations can support with financial assistance. My neighbor whose husband has Alzheimer’s receives financial support from one of the ALZHEIMER’S foundations.

Last edited:
Historically, there has been money earmarked for direct assistance. In my area, it is very little and the quarterly grants are eaten up on the first day of application.

At one time, I had a list of all the organizations and the criteria. That list has become outdated and many of the charities have dried out.

This Country desperately needs more home health care resources. Many, many PALS do not have the financial and/or family resources to survive or live their best lives.

I agree. I noticed that not all ALSA chapters have these grants. We are NY METRO so they have more funds. The grant was first come first served, with 2k per PALS till funds exhausted. Massachusetts may have a similar grant. I dont know if these chapter grants will dissappear when ALSA finalizes nationalization.

Massachusetts has a program to help with ramps specifically. They currently also have a more general grant program that is new to them as they took over a program that was run by a private foundation in 2021. I don’t know how much of an endowment there was or how quickly they run out each year

Not sure but $2K is a weeks worth of care around here in San Antonio, Texas. Of course I am contracting for 70 hours per week,

I have heard about a group of volunteers and some other resources, As I ID them I will keep you all posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back