Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Surf City
Wifey has OHI, Other Health Insurance, and the only way I see to get paid by CHAMPVA is to submit receipts and wait. Seems like it took about six weeks for the first bills I sent, all from one Dr. We sent in a long list of prescriptions, and it has been even longer.

What is your experience with them? Is there a way to track claims online?

GB

My wife also has ChampVA. She makes sure the providers know this and that they have the info.

The providers submit to both our OHI and ChampVA; she's never had to submit receipts.

Regarding the prescriptions, you are not eligible for this with OHI.

Does Sandy need to do something to join ChampVA or is it authomtic?

GB,
She should tell providers to bill ChampVA. They do it all the time, just like billing Medicare or OHI.

>Max - Sandy has to enroll in ChampVA. She sends in a form, and your rating. It takes a few months. The claims process is very old school in that you have to send in the bill from the provider and they will pay a portion of it. I bought a supplemental plan to wrap around ChampVA and have to pay very little out of pocket.

thanks, just skyped her

sorry Max, didn't see your question.

Minor children and children < 23 in school full time are also eligible.

Boo 26, Jny 32 -- Boo is a vet, his wife still on a seal team

>Minor children and children < 23 in school full time are also eligible.

Jny 32 in Gemany (nat'l health), Boo 26 vet, wife still on a seal team so they are all covered

I don't find a way to track my pending claims, but see their apology for being slow. Oh well.

Graybeard you can make an account on ebenfits.gov and go to your dashboard. You have to look around but you can order prescriptions, track compensation claims, payments,make appointments, all sorts of stuff. It takes a while and patience to find what you need. You may want your cals to help.

Thanks, Gooseberry. I tried ebenefits once. I saw how much they paid me, but no explanation. I use MyHealthevet all the time for meds and appt. I'll search for champva stuff there.

Wifey is finally online, and only with a Nook, but not doing forums yet.

GB

.>Graybeard you can make an account on ebenfits.gov and go to your dashboard. You have to look around but you can order prescriptions, track compensation claims, payments,make appointments, all sorts of stuff. It takes a while and patience to find what you need. You may want your cals to help

Ditto that! and when in doubt email your pva! Secure Messaging is really working!

As far as I know, I've had ChampVA for two and a half years, one cannot track a claim online. They do not have that kind of system set up. ChampVA is separate from myhealthyvet, and ebenefits. It is solely for dependents or a qualifying post 9/11 caregiver of a wounded warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back