Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago area
Well, good news......bad news. Good news...We have a buyer for our house after 19 months. Yay!:D Bad news....we close on June 19th and still don't know where we will be!:shock:

We thought we had found a place but the inspections came back bad. High radon levels & rotting siding. The sellers were willing to have the radon mitigated, but would only repair the siding, and it was beyond repairing & needs to be replaced. So.... we walked away from the deal. Now we are having a hard time getting our earnest money returned!:evil:

On to house number two. We got the sellers to agree to pay for 2 out of the 3 inspections with the understanding that if they came back OK that we would reimburse them.. That was last Thursday. Our realtor told them that I wanted to be present while they were done. Well, duh!:roll: So I have been calling everyday to see when they were scheduled. Everyday, the same answer....we don't know yet. Well this evening my realtor called to inform me that she found out they were done today with NO ONE present!:eek::mad:

So now, six days later, we are back at square one with the inspections, with these lovely complications! I will be contacting the lawyer in the morning. We are so stressed I can't even tell you! We were (are) hoping to take pre-possesion of this house, as we are running out of time for our loan to be completed by the 19th, but now who knows if we will even end up in this house! Arrgh! :x No, make that double arrgh!:x:x

On a positive note, (there actually was one today) Lenny had his powerchair delivered this afternoon. :D He can't use it in our current house, but at least now he can zip around outside if he wants. He was flying down the sidewalk practically before the guy had finished showing him how to use all the features! :mrgreen:

So, about that padded rubber room?:roll:

Linda, Yikes! Buying and selling a house and moving is stressful enough without all of the trials that you've described so I hope that you get it all straightened out soon! I think that sometimes we all wish we had a padded room but I haven't see a house that I liked with one yet so I'll keep looking.

Congratulations on the new powerchair! I know I would be the same, racing around before getting the instructions. It's a guy thing you know, we don't need instructions, it's more fun to figure it out yourself.

Can totally understand where you are right now. Just had insulation blown into the space between the floor and the basement. Still waiting for the builder to send someone to fix the plaster so we can put on the trim and doors! Oh, to have doors again! The luxury of it all! Just had the floor finished being put in last week. That only took 3 months. Before that had the power and water hooked up, only took 4 months. Before that had the house arrive. Only 3 months late. Couldn't find any houses to buy when hubby was transfered. Lived in Manitoba and he lived in Saskatchewan for 6 months. 6 hour trip to visit each other one way. In between both parents had strokes. My brother got ALS , brother passed Nov. 08.It always happens in waves. Drown in some of them. Keep up you spirits, God will get you the house you will love! The others aren't going through because they aren't the right one for you yet. I remember we wanted a house near the river and were very disappointed when we didn't get it. The next year they had the flood of the century. The yard and house we loved are gone! Replaced by huge hill of dirt and new house. Would of been too much stress to see it go! Glad we didn't get it.

Linda,

You all are going through more all at one time, than anyone should be expected to cope with. I'll bet that wonderful positive attitude you have will see you through this latest hurdle too. (we recently had the same problem with a home inspection turning up the unexpected and unwanted!) I'm glad your Lenny got his power chair, and actually LIKES it! Here's hoping for no more surprises. (other than good ones of course) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back