Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Margate
Short version. Lived in a poorer family father gone 2 brothers and a a sister. Mother who was young tried and did her best. The kids for periods took care of themselves. Cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. I have always since then had trouble with someone helping me. Then Als happened I still fought Help but now I realize I need it and I,m starting to like it. Being pampered is fun. Should have accepted it years ago.i swear I will not take advantage of it. We'll maybe I will just a bit. Take Care
Patrick

that's great Patrick, who is pampering you?

My wife and sister. I'm lucky to have them both
Patrick

I'm glad you are accepting.

From the perspective of your wife and sister, they would do anything for you I'm sure, and in fact being able to 'do' something helps alleviate some of the high distress they are feeling over the diagnosis.

Battling with you because you don't like accepting help makes everyone feel worse.

So don't abuse their kindness and help, but graciously accept, remember to sincerely thank, and you will all begin to start 'living with' ALS.

BTW I'm terrible at asking for help too!

I received a check for $100 from a out of state aunt that I was close to when I was a little girl but went 20 years without contact. My first response was as much as I love her, I did not want her money, then I thought if I sent her money and she responded that way, it would hurt, I thanked her very much and told her how much I loved her. I too have a hard time accepting help.

>BTW I'm terrible at asking for help too!

me too. This is like a long drawn out lesson in humility.

I have the same problem, both asking for and accepting but I'm slowly learning. I guess the break over point was when I really wanted my house cleaned but can't do it myself. Sometimes we just ain't got no choice

When I first started getting help at home it was so weird.

I would run around before they came cleaning up!

It took many weeks but I finally learned that I could just leave lots of things so my time was for what's important and it became a huge blessing for me.

Indeed Max, one big humility lesson!

Dalvin I'm glad you accepted the money, your aunt obviously wanted to 'do' something and couldn't figure out what. Let her know what you do with the money too as it will help her to feel she did something for you.

Tillie, that was Janie that got the money, but we forgive you for mixing us up.

I appreciate and accept any help offered. I also hate asking for help but find some folks are waiting on me to just ask. That was hard for my Pals to accept help as he was always the one to help others. Accept and feel the love!

Debbie

oooops, I'm sure my head Janie but my fingers obviously didn't!

sillie tillie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back