skipper66
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Kim,

Thanks for your message. I am doing all right. Still miss Bill every day. I try to stay busy and my family are all very good to me. I am trying hard to focus on all the blessings I have. I hope your father is having a good summer. Are you having as much rain as we are, and ours is not as bad as some areas.
    Hope your family is doing well. I am sure teen age twins are a challenge. Hugs to you.
    Alma
    Hey Kim
    Thanks for checking in. Having a great summer in between all the rain
    Thanks for the introduction, I have been through the divorce thing more than once, I am happily dovorced for good. I live with my son who has taken care of me and my animals since I had a botched hysterectomy in 2007 and almost died. Doctor said having 3 major surgeries in 2 weeks could have something to do with my condition now, Do you have ALS? I have not quite figured out this forum but it has done a lot of good to read what others are experiencing, I haven't seen a come to tea thread, I still work full time, I get choked a lot and have fasciculations all over, especially my tongue, thanks for listening
    Hi skipper66/Kim! My husband now has hospice services. He seems to be progressing faster than ever. :( He is rapidly loosing his voice, he has trouble keeping his neck up, back muscles are going, and started hospice because his breathing keeps getting worse. The Morphine and Adivan they give really helps.

I'm like you, I am always telling John to stay far away from the pool. His handicapped room has a ramp onto our patio that goes right to the pool. He can take the chair at the end of the pool near the room as there is more room around the stairs there. Yikes!!

Did your father get a handicapped addition? It is a huge plus/help to have it. The VA paperwork is nuts and the whole process. Something that moved the room building along was getting an architect!

Happy Fourth of July!!
    Hi Kim...nice to hear from you, its awesome your dad is able to get a mini vacation..we are going to key west for the 4th of July and watch the fireworks over there, thats where we were last year with my mom, she even went in the boat for a ride...she wasnt able to speak but i know she was content with the whole family there, this year its just my husband and daughter...will miss and think about her alot especialyy tommorow...i hope you have a great and safe 4th...take care and give much love to your dad everyday...keep in touch
    Amy
    Hi Kim. So nice of you to think of us. I still come here, and the FTD forum, but I rarely write. We are in our final days, I'm thinking. My DH hasn't eaten in ages and stopped drinking a few days ago. He's pretty miserable which makes me doubly so. It's just all so heartbreaking. I still can't believe it's happening.

I'm very happy that your dad is able and willing to make this trip. It will mean so much to so many, it seems.

I'm sorry to learn of your pending divorce. I will pray for reconciliation, if that's what you want, but I've got to tell you, when my marriage ended, it opened the door for me to experience a truly fairy tale relationship. I mean, really magnificent. Don't sell yourself short. This may be your chance to find that person who totally gets you, and wants to please you in every way. And you'll feel the same. I did.

Peace and love....shelly
    Hi Kim
    No it is a stand alone book and very good. I love her writing. I think you will enjoy it.
    I'm getting weaker but still in good spirits Kim! How are you doing? I was in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for a month in the spring! It was great!
    Hi Kim,

Thanks for "stopping by" leaving a "visitor message".

I am glad to hear your Dad is doing OK.

I am okay. Other than my left hand and leg atrophy and my Bulbar issues, I believe I haven't been progressing so quickly.
    I still can eat by mouth (slowly, of course) and keep weight and my breathing is not yet compromised.
    So, I'm blessed I may have plateau at this stage.

Take care and I wish your Dad the best.

Carlos
    My carer's are my mum and my sister. I'm on a government independent pay plan where they give me money to employ staff. No I'm not married I'm only 23. Not sure I will ever find someone now. I mean who would be with a man who needs more care than a 6 month old? For time use my laptop through pc access tech. I read and have sky tv. Friends visit sometimes. Sorry about your divorce. Life sucks. I just distract myself from it all. Take care. Allan
    Hi Kim

I bet the kids would like to go fishing. My granddaughter loved it. We were there 5 minutes and she was told to be careful by the edge and she fell in. thankfully my son(her dad ) was right there and she could stand. She was wet from head to toe. We all had a good laugh once we made sure she was ok.
    I hope you have a good vacation.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back