ottawa girl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• 3rd Reiki session completed. I love it. The website you sent to help me choose an instructor was god's grace. I was drawn to a perfect fit. I'll be going often for a few weeks as the after effects of my fall are getting solo much better since seeing her that I want to keep the momentum going. I am so glad I asked you about it and that you directed me where to go when I was lost in the Internet!
    thank you so much, I will definately be in touch. Thanks for all your support over this difficult time. It has been a horrible few days.
    Hey there Punkin! I've dropped some weight but only about 5 lbs in the two years since diagnosis. Not bad. When the time comes for a peg I should put on several pounds. I won't go below 90. I'm glad you gained! :) Love and hugs to you!
    what gorgeous albums - and such fabulous looking people you have around you... how special :)
    goodness i hd to get several posts to get me one post to you...reading from bottom up is prob way to go :)
    i am doing a series of work with a little book to go with them that virbally illusrate what "behind the paintings" once all done and they all come together as i hope i might just post them all up on a specific site that can display the as a body of work - i have logged at blogger - but really i want something more artful - i will figure it in time i hope... im just running out of puff and gotta "pull my finger out' and go for it.. i am blessed in that my right arm i would guess is now about 70% useless but left arm is still good enough to slowly finish them... perhaps a revive session at my brothers batch will do the trick
    Ottoawa - l love to paint, infact i gave my easel to a friend 18 months ago as i was finding it too hard to paint with hands above the waist/shoulders...so much there that i notice -fine lines etc - but i have been leaning to paint in a different way (to get around what i can no longer do... hope it makes makes the paintings even better with various techniques. Somedays i wonder if i will finish them ...
    - i think i will go visit my younger brother for some belly laughs hes such a gem and an amazing attitude to life.. he has a batch on an island where the snapper. paua, crays,pipis, alll sorts of fish out of the water are caught daily - its an amazing diet for als i have already bought a mincer as i figure from the last time i was over there the paua could be a little hard going with the chew - paua is so good for you - i have researched health benefits and i think there is much more to be learned about them - there diet is essentially seaweed - so loads of sea air strong positive people around me a hammock to flop on... and out door wood fired bath that i hope he has finished making the views ar lovely fromhsi place -no power wood fired stove - due to a great wet back -hot showers - but evening time its all candle light ... so many native birds and gentle bush walks - yes i have just convinced myself i will go for a week
    oh how special your post is thank you - yes strength and respite - emotional/spiritual strength especially :) Hugs to you for your kind words... what a journey and most certainly one that i want to maintain and grow in grace, love and understanding... even typing this now i think "go lightly" one needs to lighten up a little. !
    No, actually, I've gotten over my anxiety and I guess the only reason I'm still here is to help out others with theirs. I realize that I may have seemed overanxious in my previous threads, and I was, but thanks to you and others, I've become reasonably confident that I don't have ALS and am no longer making serial visits to the neurologist, nor am I making or continuing more of my own threads on here.
    I take it you're back!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful trip. Post photos :)
    Hi Elaine, Thanks for congrats, be grandchild number four for me, this one's with my eldest daughter, first baby for her.. :)
    We are playing the waiting game...regarding the tube, now drs want to discuss everything some more,
    and we have a meeting with them Nov 7th. Guess we may get a date after that..but in the meantime, Clive's wavering and getting weaker.. :(
    He is so fed up..
    Glad you had a great time, bet you are worn out..but worth it eh?
    I told you to pack your long-johns.. :)
    Happy days to you all. Mair x
    Sorry, just read your message, I'll go to ebay to have a look.

Maybe the ALS sociaty can provide some other equipment, but cough assist.

Take care!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back