jaws
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hey Jaws I also m from PA. I grew up in Reedsville ,Mifflin Co. . go through on the way P.S.U.
    Sorry! I'll see what I can do to fix the problem! It's kind of like life, not always easy!!! YOU HANG IN THERE!
    FYI! After my last message to you I decided to post the letter about my experience with coconut oil and magnesium chloride "just for you!" However, it's not on this webpage. It's on "www.dimmi.com". If you want to read it go to "birdman" then blogs. Please let me know if you were able to read it!
    Love the Shark. Looks like an Aussie! Not sure why. Probably cause I just read another poor Aussie got bitten by a great white. Ouch
    You will want to get organic virgin coconut oil because it's the purest! According to a fellow ALS guy in Florida he was buying it in 16 oz. jars @ $12.00 each. I gave him link to a place he can buy it in gallon containers for $62.99 freight free! That saved him about $50.00. If you decide to go that direction check out "Tropics Best" I'm sure there are others too. I buy 2 gallons at a time from Green Cuts (a Mexican company) at a cost of about $25.00 USD each with freight. We buy 2 to reduce the freight cost! We live in Mexico City so we have to pay freight, but the price is cheaper!!! Also, coconut oil has a very long shelf life. I've read that it can stay good for atleast a year. I started with 4 per day, and increase it each month. Now I take 8 to 9 per day without any problems. I've read that for "normal people" 4 per day is ok. But, I don't think I'm normal due to the ALS so I increased it. Butch
    I was going to suggest the same thing since we are practically neighbors! And, we go to "sister" ALS Centers.
    What dear sweethearts you and gem have made with your love. I'm so glad to see those pretty little faces.
    2-- For adding an album, go to "Networking", to "Pictures and albums" and click. You should find a place on that page that says "add an album." I can't give you further directions since mine is already done--when I follow the directions, I go to a list of my albums. But you should find ways once you get there--keep looking and it will hopefully fall into place. Best wishes! You do need pictures around the right size to do this--I feel sure you'll be given a "maximum" size.
    Ann
    Hi Jaws... I saw your post about the avatar and posting an album of pictures. I'll walk you through it. First, open this site a second time, and get this profile page up in two places. (I write and also follow directions using two pages).
    In the blue bar above, click on "User PC", scroll down and in "Setting and Options", click on "Edit Avatar". Click Custom Avatar, and choose an image. Click "Browse" for option 2--a personal photo, if you want one.
    Hi Jaws- Thank you for the friend request...I apologize for the delayed response, have not been to the forum all week. How are you doing today?
    I understand your concern about giving out your email address! If you want to learn more about how coconut oil could help check out the net. Ask for "Videos for dr. newport and coconut oil" I tried to put the link here, but it wouldn't work. Also check out "Magnesiumchloride" They aren't related to ALS, but they do give you info. on their benefits. Both are antioxidants, which remove toxins from your system. And, coconut oil have ketones that help the brain, nerves and muscles! Good luck! I wrote a rough draft of my experience down for Dr. Mary Newport, and she put it on her blog. You can get some details from that! Let me know if you want more info.!!!
    Butch
    You should be getting PM capabilities soon. I am a private person myself, so trust me, your privacy is important to me. How are you handling all of this new reality? I believe the beginning is one of the hardest times, taking it all in. Any questions, I am here, and I have probably have a good idea of the answer. ALS research sort of consumed me for a long time..
    Well, that's very hard, losing your primary hand when it's your means of making a living. You deserve a half gallon, if ice cream still comes in that size. I am sorry about the hand. Protect it, and save it from fatigue.
    Jaws, regarding upper body strength...your onset is your hands, isn't it? Only work lightly, but mostly just do range of motion (ROM) for any area which has been hit. If you're losing ground in your hands, don't cause them to bear the fatigue from using them in working out. I'm sure your hands get plenty to do in the course of the day (activities of daily living) which tires them. As much as possible, I really suggest quitting when you're tired. But ROM always. My 2 cents... and I was an exerciser until forced to stop by this. H4C would be an expert in this area.

Good for you to figure out a way to get your ice cream. I've used (and still am) my teeth to open things that aren't communal property. Phil, my husband, has taken note! But sometimes you just have to do it alone.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back