What ever happened to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GOSH Cubcake! You have it in spades don't you Dear!

Yes, Ma'am! But I didn't mean to shift the focus, but rather to point out that cruddy things are happening. But we can make it through this, Gulp! I meant to say that I really, REALLY know how you're feeling and I thank God that we have this forum, where we can come on here and say, "Help! I'm under this huge load of shtuf and I don't know that I can make it!" and know that others are out there feeling our pain, sympathising and really understanding.

We are WITH you!

Wow, cubcake! You've got a deeper pile of doodoo than I do! Heavens! Hugs and hang in there!

Well, just got the word that I will be off again next week. Yay?! LOL Definitely going to get started on the SS stuff while I have the time (and hopefully get my taxes done to boot). I don't know what to expect on the SS side. When I started teaching here almost 3 years ago, I found out Texas has a Teacher Retirement System, so been paying into that instead. But hopefully it'll be ok because I paid into SS for 9 or 10 years before that. (hope it will be enough). One lady I talked to THINKS that the SS is fine because I meet some rule about paying in 5 of the last 10 years, and that the TRS will just give me a lump sum of what I paid into the retirement I won't take (cause you have to pay in for like 10 years or something to qualify), or something. It's a grey area... they've never dealt with anyone having such a situation at my age. Guess we'll all be figuring it out soon!

Thanks for all the good advice and well wishes! :X

Good luck with the taxes and SS. We're rootin' for ya!

Keep in touch Sweet Gulp! Good luck to ya!

The SSDI will be easy. Apply for any disability your employer has. Call the suing hospital and tell them you have ALS and no way to pay them. My expression is you can't get blood from a turnip.

Sometimes it does seem like the world is out to get you. I can certainly relate to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back