Universal remote for Tobii (works with ATT U-verse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adozi

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
KY
City
Louisville
This is quite technical. Those of you who aren't computer savvy will need help. My dad was an engineering professor teaching a project course, and had getting my Tobii to work with the Uverse as one of the Projects for two semesters. You will need an able bodied helper.

You will need the following :

It looks more complicated than it is. Basically what happens is i look at a button on my page set, and then the mouse clicks the button/s. So i select MSNBC, and event​ghost clicks on 1, 2, 1, 5 (1215, which is MSNBC HD), sends to the IR toy via a micro USB cord. ​

You need to open the XML file with eventghost. The file called "full remote" is for my Samsung tv and the Uverse cable box. It looks like you could just reprogram it for whatever tv you have. I think I've included everything custom to Uverse.

[I just realized i can't attach the files i need to, so email me at aedozier at gmail dot com. I'm going to try to upload them to google drive and share them.]

Here are my Tobii page sets to go with them. Note that this is currently set up for a Tobii c12. If it's not twelve inches you'll need to reset the coordinates for the mouse clicks.

>My dad was an engineering professor teaching a project course, and had getting my Tobii to work with the Uverse as one of the Projects for two semesters

you just gotta love the engineers :):):):):)

btw, how old is your dad?

Can an admin change the title of the post from "windows based computers" to "Tobii? "´I'm not certain it will work for others, and the instructions are for Tobii communicator. I assume that the first steps would be accurate for any windows based computer, since they are in the operating system & the program is called "windows l-something infrared relay."

>Can an admin change the title of the post from "windows based computers" to "Tobii?

maybe pm nikki ...

67, Max. Here are the attachments. I should point out that this works without the Tobii interface, but I'm eye gaze only, so i couldn't click the numbers quickly enough to get to a channel (ie if i want to go to 1215, i could only click on one or two numbers before the Uverse box went ahead and changed the channel).
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByePIGrDmu5ASzJwS2ZkQWpTTjA&usp=sharing

>Max. Here are the attachments.

Thanks, Ashley --

My PC Tobii is waiting for me to set it up and the full Tobii should arrive next week.

here are the files for anyone not trusting the cloud (paranoia everywhere :)) ...

Attachments

• Universal remote USB IR toy Tobii communicator.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Uverse and samsung control.zip
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back