Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
uk
State
north yorkshire
City
york
Hi everyone i wonder if you could help me, my mother has MND and is suffering with severe head pain in the right side of head to the back and side she has had it since the middle of the night we have called a Doctor out 2 times today he has checked blood pres, sugar water oxygen temp just about everything but she still has this awful pain , she started taking rilutek 2 days ago we are wondering if this could be to blame. your thoughts would really apreciated thank you for any help anybody can give me x

I'm sorry about your mother's head pain. I have not heard of that particular side effect of Rilutek, but it sounds like a good idea to stop it for a few days and see if it helps. If so, then if you are brave enough you could start again in a week or so and see if the pain comes back.

One thing, when I started the Rilutek they had me take it just once a day for a week, then move up to twice a day. I don't know if that is how your mother did it but if not, you might try that too. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions here.

Thanks Hal, yes she has only taken one a day . the Doctor did suggest she stopped taking them for a week or so and then try them again. It was lovely to get a reply so quickly thank you and all the best barbara
:smile:

Hi, I just wanted to say that i started getting head pain before i got my bipap. That has helped so much... Just a thought? L

Hi Lilly.. has anyone checked for something as simple as sinus pain? I will occasionally get sinus headaches that are close to migraines in intensity. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the serious issues, and overlook a simple answer.

lillymilly,

Also, the pain could be from TMJ, as it can cause bad headaches, especially if she is putting pressure on that side of the face/head.

If her shoulder and neck muscles have been affected, she could be getting headaches from the effort it takes to support her head. My husband has this problem, so we use a soft collar that snaps in the front (found at the drug store for about $8). It's not heavy or stiff, but provides just enough support for him at the moment.

Hope you get to the bottom of the problem.

Thank you for your kind reply, but is TMJ something that ALS sufferers often get? Barbara x

Not because of the ALS, just a separate issue (TMJ) that could be going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back