Country
US
State
Ill
City
Chicago
mild crackling

vantec said:
Does anyone with ALS notice that their joints pop and crack a lot more than they did before the onset of the disease?

Conrad
I POP AND CRACK ON MY SHOULERS WHEN TURNING IN BED.BUT I'M 45 SO IT MAY BE OLD AGE.

vantec

Distinguished member
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
OH
City
Wakeman
Hi Everyone,

I saw the University hospital's top Neurologist, yesterday. He was the worst Neuo I have ever been to. He spent about 1/2 hour with me, and wouldn't even answer some of my questions. I asked about my popping joints, and he just gave me a stared look. He didn't even check for my fasciculations. He check my reflexes, how I got out of the chair, and how I walked. I asked him what did he think I had, and he said, "I don't know." He scheduled a MRI, and gave me a short report. It said, Basal ganglionic degeneration, hypomimia and muscle weakness.

I'm so frustrated at this point, I have no idea what to do.

Conrad

guwainengle

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Duncansville
If it is not to far from where you are in Ohio-- I would try to get to see Dr Simmons at the Hershey Medical Center ALS Center-- He is very compassionalte and will address all of your concerns-- I have had good luck with him -- but I still can not identify if this is ALS or what yet-- Maybe too early.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.