Poping and Cracking joints

Status
Not open for further replies.
mild crackling

vantec said:
Does anyone with ALS notice that their joints pop and crack a lot more than they did before the onset of the disease?

Conrad
I POP AND CRACK ON MY SHOULERS WHEN TURNING IN BED.BUT I'M 45 SO IT MAY BE OLD AGE.

Hi Everyone,

I saw the University hospital's top Neurologist, yesterday. He was the worst Neuo I have ever been to. He spent about 1/2 hour with me, and wouldn't even answer some of my questions. I asked about my popping joints, and he just gave me a stared look. He didn't even check for my fasciculations. He check my reflexes, how I got out of the chair, and how I walked. I asked him what did he think I had, and he said, "I don't know." He scheduled a MRI, and gave me a short report. It said, Basal ganglionic degeneration, hypomimia and muscle weakness.

I'm so frustrated at this point, I have no idea what to do.

Conrad

If it is not to far from where you are in Ohio-- I would try to get to see Dr Simmons at the Hershey Medical Center ALS Center-- He is very compassionalte and will address all of your concerns-- I have had good luck with him -- but I still can not identify if this is ALS or what yet-- Maybe too early.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back