New? Introduce Yourself - Say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks AL,
He has been tested for Lymes but does not have it. We had been so hopeful. I would love to find a book for my nephew who will be 13. Jimmy is his hero.
Jimmy's sister

sad hello

My name is Michelle and my husband was just diagnosed officially last week. He is 36 years old and a fireman ( very active) and prior military. We are just learning all we can about ALS and what ther is out there for veterans. Thanks for any and all help that you can give us. i am glad there is somewhere for us to go who are new and have a million questions. Good luck to all- Michelle

Michelle,
Bless you, I'm sorry you had to find us, but I hope you will find lots of support and friendship on here.
It's the best bunch of folks anywhere!
My husband is a retired asst fire chief and I am a nurse. I was diagnosed in June 08. I am 48.
Ask away with those million questions, I may not have answers to any of them, but you will find tons of support on here,
Never give up,
Never let up,
Never lose faith,
brenda

Glad you found the forum Michelle. Grandpa AL was a fireman, and I spent about 10 years as one myself. Let your hubby know, he has friends on here.I hope you will find the support and answers you must have at this time.

Hello to all!

New to this site, as I just joined a few minutes ago. I have been dealing with my problem for approximately seven months, but was diagnosed with ALS the end of June 2008. I look forward to meeting or interacting with many of you and I truly appreciate the opportunity of joining this site. Thank you.

Welcome SouthernPoet. Sorry about your diagnosis but glad you found us. Use the search feature and the FAQ to find what you need or just jump in on a forum and ask.

AL.

another new member

Hello All. Just a quick note to say that I am new on here, based in the UK, partner diagnosed with ALS two weeks ago. I am finding my way around the forum and already feeling less isolated. Danijela

Hi and welcome. Some of the forums have " sticky's " at the top that are help topics and the FAQ at the top of the page can be helpful as well. The search feature works well for researching topics.

AL

Hi Danijela,

You private messaged me and I tried to respond, but I don't think you're allowed to get messages yet. If you want to send me an email, we can correspond that way - elemkay80 @ gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you!
~Michelle

aherman

My name is aherman and I live in Maryland. I found out I have ALS on 3/11/08. The first thing I noticed was twitching in my arms and legs in 5/07. It took quite awhile for the doctors to find out what was going on because of the insurance process. Now I know, and I am slowly getting adjusted to the conditions that go with this. I am very lucky to have a large and wonderful support group that cares for me. So farthe biggest problem I have is with my legs. Feels like I have 50 lb shoes on. I would love to hear from others and chat. My spelling is not the best but still would like to chat. aherman

Welcome to all the new members. I'm glad you found the forum. Feel free to jump in with any questions or comments. We look forward to getting to each of you and sharing.

Hi - I just got around to doing this part. The forum has been helpful to me, my mom was diagnosed in July 08.
Can anyone tell me why my picture doesn't show up when I post?
Tfisher

New Member Saying "HI!"

My name is Ginny. I just saw an article on CNN about service members being more susceptible to ALS than others. It prompted me to come to this forum. I have been making an essiac tea (Just Tea) for about 15 years for people, and have it in a number of health stores. I have been constantly awed by the reports of consumers for a wide variety of health problems. I do not know whether it would be helpful for ALS, but I know it would not hurt! I am offering to the first twelve people who would like to try it, a pack of the dry herbs with detailed instructions on brewing, and the opportunity to ask me any questions that you like, ask for emailed newsletter and consumer updates, and anything that you want to know about this herbal brew. One packet makes enough tea for one adult for one month, and I will continue sending you free packets for 3 months in the hopes that it will be useful to you. I will post whatever feedback you send to me on this site, so that everyone reading will have access to your thoughts on whether it helps or not. The four herbs used in this preparation are burdock root,
sheep sorrel herb, slippery elm bark, and turkey rhubarb root. The only other ingredient is distilled water. It is a pleasure for me to be able to make this offer to those who might be helped by it. The Lord has blessed me with this small herbal remedy, and I am blessed to be able to "pay it forward"... Thanks for reading!

Ginny:

Hi Ginny- I sent you an email about this. I know you are not asking for money at the moment, but this is still a form of advertisement. We don't allow advertisements here. And there is nothing that cures ALS. I think you should take your product to a forum where the rules and policies are not posted as clearly. Thanks for understanding. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back