Massage and ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even better Barbie, we got funding for massage and a massage therapist would come every 2 weeks and massage us both! He would do Chris, then I would settle him in his recliner chair all relaxed, and then have mine. It would be on a Friday afternoon, and of course I wouldn't do any more work once mine was done ...

MND NSW had just approved a sizeable amount of money (I think about $1400) for massage again when Chris passed, and they very kindly then still approved I think about 6 massages for me to help in the early grieving.

I do agree though that getting others to help with massage and ROM is really important to help CALS not just burn out with all the tasks. I know that some CALS are horrified thinking how can I possibly fit massage into everything I'm already doing. I certainly don't want my videos to make anyone feel that way.

OK Max, I'll do another thread for the hoist, sadly we didn't do a brilliant job, I'll explain in the thread. I could do a thread of bloopers too ... lol

Maybe in the tips and tricks I could do the video of his drinking contraption I devised ;)

Hey! I am jealous Tillie!

Sorry Barbie, we were really very lucky to get that funding and I know it.

Thank you so much. My husband also suffers from shoulder pain and feeling wasted often during the day. I gave him a shortened version of your massage. He loved it. I plan to mark this page and view it often. Thanks again for sharing.

I'm so pleased to know that the video can help others. The pain is so cruel, I often would have to go and cry a little on my own after massaging, just because it was so obvious how much pain he was in so much of the time.

My mom is still mobile, still driving short trips and babysitting. She has bulbar onset so she is losing her voice and has trouble with breathing and choking. She has a lot of tension and stiffness in her shoulders and neck. I will be her caregiver eventually but right now she is holding her own. I do see her a couple times a week and try to give her some massage a couple times a day. I think your videos are great and I will definitely try to make my mini massages more effective. Thank you for being so willing to share with the rest of us.

>I do see her a couple times a week and try to give her some massage a couple times a day. I think your videos are great and I will definitely try to make my mini massages more effective. Thank you for being so willing to share with the rest of us.

cannot emphasize enough! spoken from frozxen shoulders!

I thought I had responded but don't see it. There are so many I forget who I am responding to and what I am saying. My mom was diagnosed in May. She is in the early stages and is not needing care yet. I will be that person when that time comes. She has bulbar onset and her speech is getting worse. She still drives and is still babysitting. She has extremely stiff neck and shoulders. I live about an hour away so I go stay with her 2 or 3 times a week and try to give her mini massages. Now that I have watched your video, I will pay more attention and hopefully make a difference. Thank you for sharing.

>I live about an hour away so I go stay with her 2 or 3 times a week and try to give her mini massages. Now that I have watched your video, I will pay more attention and hopefully make a difference. Thank you for sharing.

there are a lot of things she can do on her own and it is important to start now.

there is a very cheap over-the-door pulley system that can really help if she'll use it -- I wish I had!

I'm so glad the videos are helpful to people. I draw a lot of comfort from knowing that what I have done with Chris can still ripple out and be a help to others!

Max is Sandy working on those shoulders for you and is it helping at all?

>Max is Sandy working on those shoulders for you and is it helping at all?

still trying to get started. Jenny arrives from Germany tomorrow, new house, total chaos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back